FF Vikings Dynasty League

Klomp

I've been considering doing this for a while, but I decided to finally just go ahead with it. Last season I got the itch to play dynasty, and one league just isn't enough anymore. We'll start with a few parameters I'm thinking about, and we can discuss them further if needed as I'm still somewhat new to dynasty.

League size: 12
Roster size: 24 (10 starting, 14 bench, 1 IR)
Starting: QB, RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K, DST (maybe no kickers?)
Scoring: pretty standard stuff mostly: PPR or half-point, 6-point all TDs, bonuses for 100 rushing/receiving and 300 passing (willing to negotiate)
Free Agency/Waivers: FAAB (waivers open in offseason too, additional offseason budget?)

This game will be housed on the Fantasy Football Leagues subforum, but wanted to do the signups here. I was gauging interest in another thread, and those who said they're interested have already been added to the list.

1. @Klomp
2. @marshpit23
3. @The Gnat
4. @swede700
5. @SemperFeist
6. @kalvenu

Edited by Klomp

Totally in.

I'm commish of a 7 year dynasty league. Let me know if you have any questions....

Some suggestions from experience....

1. No D/ST (D/ST is more unpredictable than a player because they can not be measured tangibly year to year because of trades, replacements, injury, etc. It really doesn't fit into the mold of dynasty since you're drafting an entire unit that will get younger/older without fantasy owner strategy.)
2. Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE) is always fun
3. Sleeper is the best free app out there that supports dynasty
4. QB/2RB/3WR/1 TE/1 Flex/1 Superflex would be my preferred line-up (the depth at RB is going to be pretty shallow in a start-up league. Not much fun starting 3 running backs when 1 may be a #2 guy. )

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Totally in.

I'm commish of a 7 year dynasty league. Let me know if you have any questions....

Some suggestions from experience....

1. No D/ST (D/ST is more unpredictable than a player because they can not be measured tangibly year to year because of trades, replacements, injury, etc. It really doesn't fit into the mold of dynasty since you're drafting an entire unit that will get younger/older without fantasy owner strategy.)
2. Superflex (QB/RB/WR/TE) is always fun
3. Sleeper is the best free app out there that supports dynasty
4. QB/2RB/3WR/1 TE/1 Flex/1 Superflex would be my preferred line-up (the depth at RB is going to be pretty shallow in a start-up league. Not much fun starting 3 running backs when 1 may be a #2 guy. )

-Totally fine with eliminating DST (and K), maybe replacing with one or two extra flex spots.
-I think I'm going to hold off on the Superflex model for this league. Not comfortable enough with it to make the switch.
-I've heard some good things about Sleeper, but still not very familiar 

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

-Totally fine with eliminating DST (and K), maybe replacing with one or two extra flex spots.
-I think I'm going to hold off on the Superflex model for this league. Not comfortable enough with it to make the switch.
-I've heard some good things about Sleeper, but still not very familiar 

1. Agree there. Kickers just come & go so often with the league only having something 8 kickers who've been on their current team for 3 or more seasons.

2. Yeah it's a bit of a change. QB's go from the 3rd most important spot to the absolute priority. 

3. Very easy to get used to. We're 3 months into Sleeper when we switched from Yahoo to Sleeper because Yahoo doesn't have dynasty capability and I got sick of setting up the rosters every season. It's great for off-line drafts like I'm going to assume we'll be doing. We did our re-draft (Empire league pot hit) and got it done in 3 days.

4. Thanks for doing this! I've been dying to find another very active dynasty league without the Commish aspect

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

52 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

3. Very easy to get used to. We're 3 months into Sleeper when we switched from Yahoo to Sleeper because Yahoo doesn't have dynasty capability and I got sick of setting up the rosters every season. It's great for off-line drafts like I'm going to assume we'll be doing. We did our re-draft (Empire league pot hit) and got it done in 3 days.

I'm looking into it. Seems relatively easy to set up. 

• Like 1