FF Vikings Dynasty League

Klomp

Joined the league, I do find the website a little bit suspect, primarily because a fantasy website should probably have a bit more security for it's sign-up than it does or any actual security. I guess I should be glad they don't want an e-mail address, though seems like anyone with a bit of hacking ability would be able to freeze you out of your team. It's odd.

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Joined the league, I do find the website a little bit suspect, primarily because a fantasy website should probably have a bit more security for it's sign-up than it does or any actual security. I guess I should be glad they don't want an e-mail address, though seems like anyone with a bit of hacking ability would be able to freeze you out of your team. It's odd.

Since the site doesn't deal with money, I don't see a posse of Russian hackers trying to break into fantasy football teams and screw with their rosters xD

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Since the site doesn't deal with money, I don't see a posse of Russian hackers trying to break into fantasy football teams and screw with their rosters xD

Yeah, there is that piece to it, but feels odd since there will likely be links for money stuff like that if it was a paid league that would likely be shared there. Again, my computer programmer security sensor is like, this feels wrong.

1 minute ago, The Gnat said:

Yeah, there is that piece to it, but feels odd since there will likely be links for money stuff like that if it was a paid league that would likely be shared there. Again, my computer programmer security sensor is like, this feels wrong.

I'd assume League Safe has the protection aspect covered being they deal with probably hundreds of thousands of dollars or more per year.

5 hours ago, HeydudemanG said:

I'll play still but you should consider ESPN its very good.

ESPN is great but doesn't support dynasty leagues yet which kills the off-season. You can't trade, add, or drop players from February-August which means you're either locking the league or you need to keep track of it by hand which becomes a headache.

Also, it doesn't support rookie drafts which is a HUGE part of dynasty.

So yes....ESPN & Yahoo are great for re-draft leagues but they're not built to handle dynasty/keeper leagues.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:17 AM, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

ESPN is great but doesn't support dynasty leagues yet which kills the off-season. You can't trade, add, or drop players from February-August which means you're either locking the league or you need to keep track of it by hand which becomes a headache.

Also, it doesn't support rookie drafts which is a HUGE part of dynasty.

So yes....ESPN & Yahoo are great for re-draft leagues but they're not built to handle dynasty/keeper leagues.

I've been doing a keeper league in Espn for about 3 years, but what ever you guys say I'm not complaining.

On 5/13/2019 at 10:30 AM, HeydudemanG said:

I've been doing a keeper league in Espn for about 3 years, but what ever you guys say I'm not complaining.

Keeper with 2-5 players is 100x easier than 24-man rosters where you have to do rookie only drafts and have a lot of other aspects to dynasty that ESPN/Yahoo/NFL.com don't support yet such as year-round access to rosters so you can make transactions (trades, free agency, adds/drops, drafts) in the off-season and can keep track of everything on the site rather than spreadsheets, emails, etc.

It's just easier to use a platform specifically designed for dynasty to host a dynasty league.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

Not sure who it is, but we're still waiting on one person to join the league on Sleeper.

Also, I would like people to check in over in the thread at the Fantasy Football Leagues subforum. Once people check in over there, we can begin preparations for our first rookie draft.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

I just want to apologize for my complete disappearance late this year. I lost most of my interest in following fantasy this year, so as a result my attention to the league obviously suffered. Not sure I can guarantee my interest will be any greater next year, once I'm married. Starting to focus on more important things, to be honest. 

Not sure if I plan to restart the league or what, I saw there was some discussion about this on the Sleeper chat late in the season. I don't really want to blow up the league, but I'm also not sure if I can continue in my role as commissioner.