Bear sign OLB Kevin Pierre-Louis

malagabears

And on that note.....we return to our regularly scheduled programming.  LOLOL

Bears sign special teams LB Kevin Pierre-Louis

usatsi_11817041.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

By: Brendan Sugrue | 32 minutes ago

The Bears bolstered their special teams unit Wednesday afternoon by signing former Jets linebacker Kevin Pierre-Louis to a one-year contract, according to Kevin Fishbain of The Athletic.

Pierre-Louis was drafted in the fourth round of the 2014 NFL Draft by the Seahawks and played three seasons with them. He spent 2017 with the Chiefs and current Bears Head Coach Matt Nagy and Inside Linebackers Coach Mark DeLeone before signing with the Jets last season.

Bears signed LB Kevin Pierre-Louis to a one-year contract. He was with Matt Nagy, ILBs coach Mark DeLeone and the Chiefs in 2017.

Pierre-Louis is primarily a special teams player, leading the Jets in special teams tackles in 2018 and appearing in nine games  He also blocked and recovered a punt against the Tennessee Titans.

Pierre-Louis was with the Seahawks from 2014-16. Played in 9 games for the Jets last season and blocked a punt. He led KC in 2017 in special-teams tackles.

Veteran signings now do *not* count against the compensatory pick formula for 2020.

Pierre-Louis will add depth to the linebacker position but will make his impact on special teams, an area where the Bears struggled at times in 2018.

If Patterson returns kicks and let Cohen return punts and that Raiders kicker turns out to be good Bears will have some really impressive special team squads.

I can't think of two better returners in NFL and second team athleticism and speed is pretty high.

• Like 1

Not at all a lock this guy makes the team, but if he does I suspect it’s because Kwiatkowski doesn’t. He’s not an edge rusher so I don’t see him threatening the spot of any of those guys, and as I see it right now we only have 4 safeties (unless they put Denmark there) so Bush and DHC are probably safe too. I gotta think Iggy is pretty well locked in too. IMO if Iggy shows capable of being our top ILB backup in year 2 (which has to be the hope after making him a 4th round pick last year) then Kwiatkowski may be conditional pick trade bait or a cut at the end of the preseason because as a ST only guy Kwiatkowski isn’t in Pierre-Louis’ league.