The Official Trevor Lawrence 2021 Draft Prospect Thread

brushmyhair

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 7:09 PM, BayRaider said:

Most of us had Lawrence is the best QB Prospect in the nation before he even threw a pass for Clemson. He that good. 

No, we didn't.....

Holy overreaction batman, some of us level headed people have sense enough to know things change, defenses adjust and injuries happen, how about we actually wait for him to do these great things for the next two years before we crown him.(and even then there's going to be an adjustment to the NFL game that some may or may not be able to make)

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Tua didn’t look that bad against Clemson. Just looked like a QB facing the best college defense in history. And he had some solid drives. 

The Tua game that bothers me is Georgia. 

He faced a great defense and looked terrible. That's all there is to it. Unless you were just watching a different game than I was.

7 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

If Marcus doesn't prove himself this year, I'm okay with going 0-16 the year after to land TL. In fact, if I was the owner I would mandate it.

Won't happen, going to draft QB next year. Next year QB class should be good so you shouldn't have any worries

5 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Won't happen, going to draft QB next year. Next year QB class should be good so you shouldn't have any worries

The issue with this is that Tennessee will likely be mediocre even if Mariota is not good again. Getting a Top 2,3 QB would be difficult in this case.

7 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The issue with this is that Tennessee will likely be mediocre even if Mariota is not good again. Getting a Top 2,3 QB would be difficult in this case.

Not really, most teams trade up for their QBs if they really want them. Chiefs and Texans were playoff teams and both got their QBs. Rams and Eagles were in the teens and both got they're QB. If there's QB the Titans want, they'll get him. The days of being too good of getting QB you want are over

Edited by Activated10
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Activated10 said:

Not really, most teams trade up for their QBs if they really want them. Chiefs and Texans were playoff teams and both got their QBs. Rams and Eagles were in the teens and both got they're QB. If there's QB the Titans want, they'll get him. The days of being too good of getting QB you want are over

None of those QBs were the 1st or 2nd QB taken in the draft. Yes, it's very feasible that a team trades up to #10 or #11 to take a QB (I expect the Pats to) but I was more talking about trading up into the top 3-5 which is very expensive.

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

None of those QBs were the 1st or 2nd QB taken in the draft. Yes, it's very feasible that a team trades up to #10 or #11 to take a QB (I expect the Pats to) but I was more talking about trading up into the top 3-5 which is very expensive.

😂 Dude, what are you talking about. Literally all trade up mentions I made were QBs either the 1st or 2nd QB taken except for Watson.

Goff 1st QB

Wentz 2nd QB

Mahomes 2nd QB

Even more trade ups I didn't mention that cost less because the teams were already in top 10 picking

Trubisky 1st QB

Darnold 2nd QB

If you want a QB you can trade into the top 5

3 hours ago, Activated10 said:

😂 Dude, what are you talking about. Literally all trade up mentions I made were QBs either the 1st or 2nd QB taken except for Watson.

Goff 1st QB

Wentz 2nd QB

Mahomes 2nd QB

Even more trade ups I didn't mention that cost less because the teams were already in top 10 picking

Trubisky 1st QB

Darnold 2nd QB

If you want a QB you can trade into the top 5

I was talking about Mahomes and Watson but you are right about Mahomes. He was 2nd QB taken. My point was rather where they were taken,

Mahomes #10

Watson #12

Goff is by far the best example when the Rams jumped from 15 to 1 for an additional 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd. It's possible but rather very expensive was my point.

• Like 2

On 5/8/2019 at 3:11 PM, Jeezla said:

Giants 2 year tank is already in full effect. They picked the perfect QB to go 1-15 in 2020. Gettleman will probably get fired after the 2020 season, no matter how bad the 2019 season is. New GM = new QB, They will trade Jones for a 4th, use their #1 pick on Lawrence, and the Bengals will be paying Andy Dalton 27 mill to go 7-9.

You are one cruel man to paint this picture inside @TheVillain112's head. 

Its two years away and its the most bengals/browns/lions thing to ever happen. I feel bad for whatever team this happens to, because you just know its going to happen to someone. 

I am a closet clemson supporter, so I jumped on the bandwagon very early (and won some money this year because of it lol). He has everything you look for both mentally and physically. I am more impressed with his demeanor and his leadership style than anything else. He carries himself the right way. He competes and is in the moment, but he always seems calm and collected. Doesnt really seem to get rattled. 

He obviously has a great arm and a really great frame as well. He will probably continue to fill out his frame and by the time he is draft eligible he may be 20 lbs heavier than he is now.  

HE LITERALLY LOOKS LIKE A LION SO MY GUESS IS HE ENDS UP IN DETROIT

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Classic said:

So basically this guy is going to be the next Peyton Manning? Does that mean we should expect alot of 1st round exits. 

He's not the next Luck, Manning or Brady. Not the next Elway, Marino or Montana.

He's the first Lawrence. And he will break this wheel.

I've made it clear that I'm going to die on this hill if I have to, so here we go:

There is only one prospect in NFL history that you can compare to Trevor Lawrence, and that is none other than... Jim Brown.

How so, you ask? Well, when Jim Brown stepped onto the Syracuse campus and said "I'm going to play whatever sport I want and become an All-American at it," he was NFL ready. He didn't need a single bit of college to compete against the professionals in the NFL, he could have joined the Browns and dominated just as quickly out of High School as he did after his stint in college. Brown is still evoked as a player who could succeed now, in an era where the common athlete is bigger, faster, stronger than they were back then.

That's Trevor Lawrence. He could have skipped on his time at Clemson (last year and the next two years) and go directly to an NFL team and picked up an NFL playbook, understand concepts learned in film study, fill out his 6' 5" frame to withstand the physical abuse (as well as dole out some punishment, guy runs with a low pad level and puts a lick on a defender when running) and grow into a legit franchise QB. If you're listing a list of top 10 QBs right now, you're not totally crazy for listening Lawrence in that top 10.

In 2071, when athletes are cybernetically augmented and have nanotech in their DNA to make them super-athletes, there will be people on the mental-net (the next iteration of the internet, where we post directly from our minds) talking about how HoF QB Trevor Lawrence could probably start for the Tokyo Samurai's and lead them to a 26-8 record (at the absolute worst - I mean, they'll probably lose to Tom Brady and the Patriots in the best of three AFCCG, but 22-8 isn't too shabby).

He's that good, y'all. That good.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I was talking about Mahomes and Watson but you are right about Mahomes. He was 2nd QB taken. My point was rather where they were taken,

Mahomes #10

Watson #12

Goff is by far the best example when the Rams jumped from 15 to 1 for an additional 1st, 2nd, 2nd and 3rd. It's possible but rather very expensive was my point.

I agree it's expensive but if you see the exact QB in the draft you see becoming a franchise QB, you got to pay the price and if you're right, price is always worth it.