The Official Trevor Lawrence 2021 Draft Prospect Thread

brushmyhair

Yes, I know that this is years down the road, but we know that he's 99.9% chance going to be the #1 overall pick in 2021. He's ridiculously good. A talent with Aaron Rodgers potential. Everyone is anticipating the arrival of this prodigy

I searched to see if an Official Trevor Lawrence thread had been made, and the search results came up empty. This is the only 2021 draft prospect worthy of his own thread 2 years in advance.

Anyway, let's brainstorm the teams he may potentially end up on

Arizona

Dallas 

Minnesota 

Pittsburgh if they totally implode

Baltimore 

Jacksonville 

Detroit

NY Giants

Carolina 

Saints if Brees retires at the end of this season

Chargers if Rivers retires after this season or gets injured in the 2020 season

The reason I leave the Raiders, Bengals, and Titans off the list is because I see the Raiders taking Tua, The Bengals taking Herbert, and the Titans taking Fromm. They can easily enter this list if they don't select QB'S next year. I didn't put the bucs on here because Arians is going to have Winston playing at a high level 

I think he’ll definitely be the #1 pick in 2021, I see no regression in his future. Best QB prospect since....? Peyton Manning? I think he’s a better prospect than Luck. 

I think it’s too early to talk about teams though. We have no idea who will need a QB in 2021. 

• Like 2

Prior to the National Championship game, Lawerence was my favorite QB in college but I thought he needed to improve on his passing when the pocket breaks down. With Quinnen Williams and that Bama DL (granted minus Christian Miller, which was a huge blow) I figured he would be tested.  Well, he blew them out of the water and put to rest any concerns I had about him.

Also, I'm fine with a 2 year tank plan for the Bengals to draft him.  Absolute stud...

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I think he’ll definitely be the #1 pick in 2021, I see no regression in his future. Best QB prospect since....? Peyton Manning? I think he’s a better prospect than Luck. 

I think it’s too early to talk about teams though. We have no idea who will need a QB in 2021. 

Best QB prospect of all time hands down

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If I had to guess, Arizona will Rosen Kyler for Lawrence.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Prior to the National Championship game, Lawerence was my favorite QB in college but I thought he needed to improve on his passing when the pocket breaks down. With Quinnen Williams and that Bama DL (granted minus Christian Miller, which was a huge blow) I figured he would be tested.  Well, he blew them out of the water and put to rest any concerns I had about him.

Also, I'm fine with a 2 year tank plan for the Bengals to draft him.  Absolute stud...

Giants 2 year tank is already in full effect. They picked the perfect QB to go 1-15 in 2020. Gettleman will probably get fired after the 2020 season, no matter how bad the 2019 season is. New GM = new QB, They will trade Jones for a 4th, use their #1 pick on Lawrence, and the Bengals will be paying Andy Dalton 27 mill to go 7-9.

45 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Best QB prospect of all time hands down

Better chill on that, it was only his FR year on a senior dominated team with a ton of quality leaders and experience not to mention a great defense.  Will see how he does this year and next year with about as much expectations as any QB prospect in years.  He has a chance to be one of the greats but need to wait and see a little on that one.  

Peyton Manning was pretty damn great coming out of college and played in a much more difficult era for QBs.  I agree he is probably ahead of Andrew Luck at this point in time no doubt but will see if he can live up to those crazy high expectations first.

The more one plays the more issues people will find in his game.  Just look at Watson on Clemson from his SOPH to JR year, was a little different that is for sure.  Does help he has the best SOPH WR in the nation with Justyn Ross and one of the best JR WRs in the nation with Higgins and Rodgers should be pretty good as well not to mention a great RB in Etienne.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Giants 2 year tank is already in full effect. They picked the perfect QB to go 1-15 in 2020. Gettleman will probably get fired after the 2020 season, no matter how bad the 2019 season is. New GM = new QB, They will trade Jones for a 4th, use their #1 pick on Lawrence, and the Bengals will be paying Andy Dalton 27 mill to go 7-9.

Gettleman = Sashi Brown = Sam Hinkie = people's champ

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

NOOO.  Win enough this year that they can't get one of the guys next year.  Trade dalton for whatever you can get. Then promote Finley in 2020.  Should work.

Just now, INbengalfan said:

NOOO.  Win enough this year that they can't get one of the guys next year.  Trade dalton for whatever you can get. Then promote Finley in 2020.  Should work.

Finley would win more games than Dalton, hes really good. 

So his expectation is what for next season.  Throw for 4200+ yards, 40+ TDs, under 5 INTs and win every game by what 15-20 points and win the National Title by a big margin.  That sounds about right, good luck with that bar.  

A 69% completion percentage, 3966 yards, 43 TDs, 6 INTs and 199.5 Rating.  And that is Tua last year, and many consider him to be not a great player anymore and a disappointment after that season.  Especially with how he played late in the year.   When in September people talked about him being the best QB prospect ever.  Yeah playing QB is a lot easier than back just 10-15 years ago, that is a fact.  But longevity means something even if it is crazy easy to put up big numbers in college and now even in the NFL it seems.

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

So his expectation is what for next season.  Throw for 4200+ yards, 40+ TDs, under 5 INTs and win every game by what 15-20 points and win the National Title by a big margin.  That sounds about right, good luck with that bar.  

A 69% completion percentage, 3966 yards, 43 TDs, 6 INTs and 199.5 Rating.  And that is Tua last year, and many consider him to be not a great player anymore and a disappointment after that season.  Especially with how he played late in the year.   When in September people talked about him being the best QB prospect ever.  Yeah playing QB is a lot easier than back just 10-15 years ago, that is a fact.  But longevity means something even if it is crazy easy to put up big numbers in college and now even in the NFL it seems.

Even before the Georgia game and before Lawrence took a snap people thought Lawrence was better than Tua. 

But man that Georgia game really crushed his stock. Looked like he had no idea what he was seeing or doing and didn’t know how to improvise.