The Official Trevor Lawrence 2021 Draft Prospect Thread

brushmyhair

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Even before the Georgia game and before Lawrence took a snap people thought Lawrence was better than Tua. 

But man that Georgia game really crushed his stock. Looked like he had no idea what he was seeing or doing and didn’t know how to improvise. 

Just wait for Lawrence to have similar moments either this year or next year.  The expectations put on him now, I seriously doubt he will match them.  They are so high honestly there is nothing he can do but be a little bit disappointing.  He has a better arm than Tua, is bigger and stronger no doubt but there will be things about his game that come up this year and next that could be issues.  Great player and arguably the best true freshman season by a QB ever in college football, only one that comes close would be Mike Vick and he was a RS FR so that does not really count.  

Will be very interesting how he handles the pressure.  And Tua I expect to bounce back, the injury issues with his foot were a big time problem and hurt him a lot, as did the expectations that every game he plays in they should be up by 20 points or more in the 4th so he can sit and not play.  They never were challenged at all, and you could say Trevor Lawrence was never challenged in the close game either last year.  Maybe the Syracuse game which he got injured in and was taken out and they really should have lost, but all those other games were blow outs and no contests early on.  

Every person he knows or comes in contact with thinks of him as the next John Elway or Peyton Manning of the NFL and for sure future #1 pick.  That is a lot to live up to for anyone, and go ask Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen how all that hype and pressure played out their sophomore years.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, brushmyhair said:

If I had to guess, Arizona will Rosen Kyler for Lawrence.

I would argue any single team that's picking #1 overall when Lawrence is eligible (barring a setback/injury) should take him #1.  I don't care who their starter is.  If they are picking #1 overall, there's a reason.  I mean even if you're the Chiefs and you have Pat Mahomes, if you're picking #1 overall you really want to pay $38M/year or whatever it is and then try to fix a #1 overall pick team roster? Or get a stud rookie QB on a rookie contract for 5 years?  That rookie contract + his talent should be a no brainer for any team.

RIP, my mentions...

Image result for elmo fire gif

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Just wait for Lawrence to have similar moments either this year or next year.  The expectations put on him now, I seriously doubt he will match them.  They are so high honestly there is nothing he can do but be a little bit disappointing.  He has a better arm than Tua, is bigger and stronger no doubt but there will be things about his game that come up this year and next that could be issues.  Great player and arguably the best true freshman season by a QB ever in college football, only one that comes close would be Mike Vick and he was a RS FR so that does not really count.  

Will be very interesting how he handles the pressure.  And Tua I expect to bounce back, the injury issues with his foot were a big time problem and hurt him a lot, as did the expectations that every game he plays in they should be up by 20 points or more in the 4th so he can sit and not play.  They never were challenged at all, and you could say Trevor Lawrence was never challenged in the close game either last year.  Maybe the Syracuse game which he got injured in and was taken out and they really should have lost, but all those other games were blow outs and no contests early on.  

Every person he knows or comes in contact with thinks of him as the next John Elway or Peyton Manning of the NFL and for sure future #1 pick.  That is a lot to live up to for anyone, and go ask Sam Darnold or Josh Rosen how all that hype and pressure played out their sophomore years.  

I don’t think Lawrence has unreasonable expectations, these are just random expectations out there that you put. He could easily meet the season he had last year and that would be totally acceptable. Even a few more picks would be fine. 

16 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I would argue any single team that's picking #1 overall when Lawrence is eligible (barring a setback/injury) should take him #1.  I don't care who their starter is.  If they are picking #1 overall, there's a reason.  I mean even if you're the Chiefs and you have Pat Mahomes, if you're picking #1 overall you really want to pay $38M/year or whatever it is and then try to fix a #1 overall pick team roster? Or get a stud rookie QB on a rookie contract for 5 years?  That rookie contract + his talent should be a no brainer for any team.

RIP, my mentions...

Agreed completely. Whoever is picking 1st in 2021 is picking Trevor Lawrence and not trading. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Packers, Seahawks, Browns, etc. They will pick Lawrence and jettison off their QB. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

RIP, my mentions...

Wait for Mahomes after year 2 as a starter. I think he regresses without hill. Seattle and Indy are better examples of teams that'll shop the 1st overall pick if they get it. They could get 5 1sts from the team picking 2nd

Edited by brushmyhair

Trevor Lawrence is the chosen one. He will walk into the league and immediately be a top 5 QB.

If I could, I'd trade Deshaun Watson right now for him in 2021 - and I love Watson. 

• Like 4

People are sleeping on Justin Fields. Now I know people are somewhat disappointed he couldn't beat out Frohm for starting job but Frohm is a potential top 10 pick for next year draft and had great freshman year leading up to his very good sophomore year. Hard to beat that 

While Lawrence was #1 overall prospect in country which is rare for QB, hasn't happened since Barkley in 06 or 08. Fields was #2 overall prospect in country, basically right beside Lawrence in scouting world so there isn't much distance between the two. 

Also for short moment Fields passed Lawrence in HS rankings based on 7v7 skill competition. Now I know it isn't game and it's basically practice, but remember in those competition the QBs don't run which what makes Fields are dangerous QB. So the fact he showed better passing ability than Lawrence in that camp just shows how special he can be. 

I expect Fields with Ryan Day offense to look dangerous and have Ohio St in the playoffs and be in national championship game. 

I love Lawrence as a prospect but also love Fields as well and this is going to be special debate on 2021 just like Luck vs RG3 in 2012 and 1998 with Manning vs Leaf. Enjoy this rivalry because this going to be special 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Trevor Lawrence is the chosen one. He will walk into the league and immediately be a top 5 QB.

If I could, I'd trade Deshaun Watson right now for him in 2021 - and I love Watson. 

You speak the language of truth. I refuse to acknowledge the existence of the NFL Draft until 2021 (AKA ~ The Lawrence Coronation). 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

People are sleeping on Justin Fields. Now I know people are somewhat disappointed he couldn't beat out Frohm for starting job but Frohm is a potential top 10 pick for next year draft and had great freshman year leading up to his very good sophomore year. Hard to beat that 

I really like Fields and can't wait to see him at OSU this season. From an athletic perspective, he might be better in some capacity - probably a better runner, might have a slightly stronger arm - a lot to like with him.

This being said, there's just something about Lawrence that makes me like him more. Call it the "It" factor, call it football IQ, clutch, ice in his veins - whatever it is, he has it at a level I've never seen before. 

I could be romanticizing his talent, but I just feel it with him. He's going to be special in a way I can't really quantify. Fields is going to be great in his own right, but I don't think he'll be on par with Lawrence (he'll be close).

15 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Gettleman = Sashi Brown = Sam Hinkie = people's champ

Not quite. The difference is, Sashi and Hinkie were doing so with a plan, Gettleman is going to unknowingly lead his team to that route and trade his best player for pennies on the dollar.

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Even before the Georgia game and before Lawrence took a snap people thought Lawrence was better than Tua. 

But man that Georgia game really crushed his stock. Looked like he had no idea what he was seeing or doing and didn’t know how to improvise. 

Tua looked dreadful against Clemson, whereas Trevor looked liked an Artisan in that same game on the same stage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

This. My dream and the NFL's nightmare would be BB and TB retire after 2019 (after they win their 7th SB) and NE goes in full tank mode in 2020.:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Activated10 said:

While Lawrence was #1 overall prospect in country which is rare for QB, hasn't happened since Barkley in 06 or 08. Fields was #2 overall prospect in country, basically right beside Lawrence in scouting world so there isn't much distance between the two. 

Also for short moment Fields passed Lawrence in HS rankings based on 7v7 skill competition. Now I know it isn't game and it's basically practice, but remember in those competition the QBs don't run which what makes Fields are dangerous QB. So the fact he showed better passing ability than Lawrence in that camp just shows how special he can be. 

I expect Fields with Ryan Day offense to look dangerous and have Ohio St in the playoffs and be in national championship game. 

I love Lawrence as a prospect but also love Fields as well and this is going to be special debate on 2021 just like Luck vs RG3 in 2012 and 1998 with Manning vs Leaf. Enjoy this rivalry because this going to be special 

Fields isn't on the same level and never will be. I've seen both in person, it's not close.

If Lawrence has comparable Soph/Jun seasons to this past one, rings or not, he may be as good of a prospect as I've ever seen. If he busts, he's living proof that there's not a "sure thing" in the draft. Poise, accuracy, the ability to make every throw...he's legit.

He would have been the #1 overall pick this year if he was allowed to have gotten drafted. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Danger said:

Tua looked dreadful against Clemson, whereas Trevor looked liked an Artisan in that same game on the same stage.

The closest thing I've personally seen to Lawrence v Alabama was Troy Aikman vs Buffalo in the 1992 Super Bowl (52-17). On those days, those two were football gods - they simply willed things into existence, and it looked effortless. They weren't even trying, it just happened. The defense could have put 20 guys on the field that day and it wouldn't have mattered.

Just now, ET80 said:

The closest thing I've personally seen to Lawrence v Alabama was Troy Aikman vs Buffalo in the 1992 Super Bowl (52-17). On those days, those two were football gods - they simply willed things into existence, and it looked effortless. They weren't even trying, it just happened. The defense could have put 20 guys on the field that day and it wouldn't have mattered.

Did you watch Super Bowl LII?