Sign in to follow this  
brushmyhair

The Official Trevor Lawrence 2021 Draft Prospect Thread

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I've made it clear that I'm going to die on this hill if I have to, so here we go:

There is only one prospect in NFL history that you can compare to Trevor Lawrence, and that is none other than... Jim Brown.

How so, you ask? Well, when Jim Brown stepped onto the Syracuse campus and said "I'm going to play whatever sport I want and become an All-American at it," he was NFL ready. He didn't need a single bit of college to compete against the professionals in the NFL, he could have joined the Browns and dominated just as quickly out of High School as he did after his stint in college. Brown is still evoked as a player who could succeed now, in an era where the common athlete is bigger, faster, stronger than they were back then.

That's Trevor Lawrence. He could have skipped on his time at Clemson (last year and the next two years) and go directly to an NFL team and picked up an NFL playbook, understand concepts learned in film study, fill out his 6' 5" frame to withstand the physical abuse (as well as dole out some punishment, guy runs with a low pad level and puts a lick on a defender when running) and grow into a legit franchise QB. If you're listing a list of top 10 QBs right now, you're not totally crazy for listening Lawrence in that top 10.

In 2071, when athletes are cybernetically augmented and have nanotech in their DNA to make them super-athletes, there will be people on the mental-net (the next iteration of the internet, where we post directly from our minds) talking about how HoF QB Trevor Lawrence could probably start for the Tokyo Samurai's and lead them to a 26-8 record (at the absolute worst - I mean, they'll probably lose to Tom Brady and the Patriots in the best of three AFCCG, but 22-8 isn't too shabby).

He's that good, y'all. That good.

I enjoyed your futuristic outlook in last paragraph. 

But woooow straight out of HS and he wouls of peform fine. Only after his freshman year he is already top 10 in the NFL, spitting some fire hot takes ET from the 80.

Next college football season is gonna be sooo fun to see how these talented QBs play

15 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

I enjoyed your futuristic outlook in last paragraph. 

But woooow straight out of HS and he wouls of peform fine. Only after his freshman year he is already top 10 in the NFL, spitting some fire hot takes ET from the 80.

Next college football season is gonna be sooo fun to see how these talented QBs play

I'm going to die on this hill if I have to.

I try to take a conservative view on just about anything NFL related - these guys are the 1% of the 1% in terms of athletes in the world, projecting greatness is a very difficult practice in relation to anyone. So, understand that I see a very rare bit of greatness in Lawrence, and I am not going to hold back when I see this greatness.

There's a 99% chance Lawrence won't be on the Texans - Deshaun Watson will be great in his own right. This being said, Lawrence will be greater - and I have no issue on admitting that.

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm going to die on this hill if I have to.

I try to take a conservative view on just about anything NFL related - these guys are the 1% of the 1% in terms of athletes in the world, projecting greatness is a very difficult practice in relation to anyone. So, understand that I see a very rare bit of greatness in Lawrence, and I am not going to hold back when I see this greatness.

There's a 99% chance Lawrence won't be on the Texans - Deshaun Watson will be great in his own right. This being said, Lawrence will be greater - and I have no issue on admitting that.

Have you felt this way about any other prospect in NFL or even any sport. I know you were born in early 80s so maybe LeBron, Ken Griffey Jr or Alex Rodriguez may compare for you

43 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Have you felt this way about any other prospect in NFL or even any sport. I know you were born in early 80s so maybe LeBron, Ken Griffey Jr or Alex Rodriguez may compare for you

Heh, early 80s. I wish. xD

(1979).

I'd say LeBron is up there. Andrew Luck, perhaps. I'm trying to remember if I was THIS high on Stephen Strasberg.

A Trevor Lawrence thread started by a username about brushing hair. I like it. 

He’s on the shortlist to be the 1st pick at this stage without question. There’s no reason to think he won’t continue the upward trajectory. 

With that said there’s still a lot of football ahead and plenty of prospects at this stage that we haven’t seen emerge for 2021. 

On 08/05/2019 at 11:11 PM, Jeezla said:

Giants 2 year tank is already in full effect. They picked the perfect QB to go 1-15 in 2020. Gettleman will probably get fired after the 2020 season, no matter how bad the 2019 season is. New GM = new QB, They will trade Jones for a 4th, use their #1 pick on Lawrence, and the Bengals will be paying Andy Dalton 27 mill to go 7-9.

Bro I’m hoping so much this is true. I’m holding you to this!