The Official Trevor Lawrence 2021 Draft Prospect Thread

brushmyhair

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

I've made it clear that I'm going to die on this hill if I have to, so here we go:

There is only one prospect in NFL history that you can compare to Trevor Lawrence, and that is none other than... Jim Brown.

How so, you ask? Well, when Jim Brown stepped onto the Syracuse campus and said "I'm going to play whatever sport I want and become an All-American at it," he was NFL ready. He didn't need a single bit of college to compete against the professionals in the NFL, he could have joined the Browns and dominated just as quickly out of High School as he did after his stint in college. Brown is still evoked as a player who could succeed now, in an era where the common athlete is bigger, faster, stronger than they were back then.

That's Trevor Lawrence. He could have skipped on his time at Clemson (last year and the next two years) and go directly to an NFL team and picked up an NFL playbook, understand concepts learned in film study, fill out his 6' 5" frame to withstand the physical abuse (as well as dole out some punishment, guy runs with a low pad level and puts a lick on a defender when running) and grow into a legit franchise QB. If you're listing a list of top 10 QBs right now, you're not totally crazy for listening Lawrence in that top 10.

In 2071, when athletes are cybernetically augmented and have nanotech in their DNA to make them super-athletes, there will be people on the mental-net (the next iteration of the internet, where we post directly from our minds) talking about how HoF QB Trevor Lawrence could probably start for the Tokyo Samurai's and lead them to a 26-8 record (at the absolute worst - I mean, they'll probably lose to Tom Brady and the Patriots in the best of three AFCCG, but 22-8 isn't too shabby).

He's that good, y'all. That good.

I enjoyed your futuristic outlook in last paragraph. 

But woooow straight out of HS and he wouls of peform fine. Only after his freshman year he is already top 10 in the NFL, spitting some fire hot takes ET from the 80.

Next college football season is gonna be sooo fun to see how these talented QBs play

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

I enjoyed your futuristic outlook in last paragraph. 

But woooow straight out of HS and he wouls of peform fine. Only after his freshman year he is already top 10 in the NFL, spitting some fire hot takes ET from the 80.

Next college football season is gonna be sooo fun to see how these talented QBs play

I'm going to die on this hill if I have to.

I try to take a conservative view on just about anything NFL related - these guys are the 1% of the 1% in terms of athletes in the world, projecting greatness is a very difficult practice in relation to anyone. So, understand that I see a very rare bit of greatness in Lawrence, and I am not going to hold back when I see this greatness.

There's a 99% chance Lawrence won't be on the Texans - Deshaun Watson will be great in his own right. This being said, Lawrence will be greater - and I have no issue on admitting that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm going to die on this hill if I have to.

I try to take a conservative view on just about anything NFL related - these guys are the 1% of the 1% in terms of athletes in the world, projecting greatness is a very difficult practice in relation to anyone. So, understand that I see a very rare bit of greatness in Lawrence, and I am not going to hold back when I see this greatness.

There's a 99% chance Lawrence won't be on the Texans - Deshaun Watson will be great in his own right. This being said, Lawrence will be greater - and I have no issue on admitting that.

Have you felt this way about any other prospect in NFL or even any sport. I know you were born in early 80s so maybe LeBron, Ken Griffey Jr or Alex Rodriguez may compare for you

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Activated10 said:

Have you felt this way about any other prospect in NFL or even any sport. I know you were born in early 80s so maybe LeBron, Ken Griffey Jr or Alex Rodriguez may compare for you

Heh, early 80s. I wish. xD

(1979).

I'd say LeBron is up there. Andrew Luck, perhaps. I'm trying to remember if I was THIS high on Stephen Strasberg.

• Like 1

A Trevor Lawrence thread started by a username about brushing hair. I like it. 

He’s on the shortlist to be the 1st pick at this stage without question. There’s no reason to think he won’t continue the upward trajectory. 

With that said there’s still a lot of football ahead and plenty of prospects at this stage that we haven’t seen emerge for 2021. 

On 08/05/2019 at 11:11 PM, Jeezla said:

Giants 2 year tank is already in full effect. They picked the perfect QB to go 1-15 in 2020. Gettleman will probably get fired after the 2020 season, no matter how bad the 2019 season is. New GM = new QB, They will trade Jones for a 4th, use their #1 pick on Lawrence, and the Bengals will be paying Andy Dalton 27 mill to go 7-9.

Bro I’m hoping so much this is true. I’m holding you to this!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 1:51 PM, ET80 said:

Heh, early 80s. I wish. xD

(1979).

I'd say LeBron is up there. Andrew Luck, perhaps. I'm trying to remember if I was THIS high on Stephen Strasberg.

@Activated10 - I forgot my original mancrush, Adrian Peterson. Before I was ET80, my SN on this site was APeterson_Texan, no joke.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2019 at 1:55 PM, Activated10 said:

Shaq. The way he physically dominated NCAA centers was hilarious, everybody knew he was going to do the same to NBA centers. And he did. 

• Like 2

On 5/8/2019 at 5:21 PM, brushmyhair said:

Yes, I know that this is years down the road, but we know that he's 99.9% chance going to be the #1 overall pick in 2021. He's ridiculously good. A talent with Aaron Rodgers potential. Everyone is anticipating the arrival of this prodigy

I searched to see if an Official Trevor Lawrence thread had been made, and the search results came up empty. This is the only 2021 draft prospect worthy of his own thread 2 years in advance.

Anyway, let's brainstorm the teams he may potentially end up on

Arizona

Dallas 

Minnesota 

Pittsburgh if they totally implode

Baltimore 

Jacksonville 

Detroit

NY Giants

Carolina 

Saints if Brees retires at the end of this season

Chargers if Rivers retires after this season or gets injured in the 2020 season

The reason I leave the Raiders, Bengals, and Titans off the list is because I see the Raiders taking Tua, The Bengals taking Herbert, and the Titans taking Fromm. They can easily enter this list if they don't select QB'S next year. I didn't put the bucs on here because Arians is going to have Winston playing at a high level 

Probably easier to make a list of the few teams that probably wouldn't be drafting Lawrence. 

7 hours ago, FinSting said:

Shaq. The way he physically dominated NCAA centers was hilarious, everybody knew he was going to do the same to NBA centers. And he did. 

I always thought it was weird he spent 3 years in college. I know that was the thing back then but 2 years should of been enough. Shaq and Penny were a fun combo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FinSting said:

Hakeem Olaijuwon would say otherwise. And did say otherwise.

1 minute ago, Activated10 said:

Did you root for Oklahoma and Vikings cuz of AD

The Vikings were my alternate team when Houston lost the Oilers, so that was easy for me to watch AP with them. Wish he lasted three more picks, but them be the breaks.

Oklahoma? Notsomuch, my family is split UT and A&M and I went to UH (which only meant something recently out in C-USA). I watched Peterson and immediately knew he was going to be very special.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hakeem Olaijuwon would say otherwise. And did say otherwise.

Classic case of young team making it to the big dance, arriving all wide-eyed and nervous, not ready for the hoopla. Like the Rams a few months ago. 

Shaq still went for 28 pts and 12 rebounds per game in that series, dunked on Olajuwon, but the veteran Rockets swept the noob Magic anyway as Olajuwon schooled the young fella with those beautiful outside shots and fadeways. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FinSting said:

Classic case of young team making it to the big dance, arriving all wide-eyed and nervous, not ready for the hoopla. Like the Rams a few months ago. 

Shaq still went for 28 pts and 12 rebounds per game in that series, dunked on Olajuwon, but the veteran Rockets swept the noob Magic anyway as Olajuwon schooled the young fella with those beautiful outside shots and fadeways. 

I can't disagree with this - the Rockets were battle tested, while Shaq and Penny were young and not quite ready for that spotlight. That series turned on Nick Anderson missing four consecutive free throw attempts late in the game, that set the table for the sweep.

Hakeem found a very rare tier that year - the minute the gave the MVP to David Robinson right before the WCF (right in front of him, no less) something in Olaijuwon snapped, and he wasn't going be stopped by anyone - including that Chicago White Sox OF, IMO.

To this day, it's one of the most dominant runs I've seen in any sport. But... I'm admittedly biased.

• Like 1

The nickname "Goldie Locks" is all too fitting for Lawrence.

Obviously his long golden hair. The fact that most of the time people will find something to gripe about QB prospects, but Lawrence is "Juuuuust right".

• Like 2