The Official Trevor Lawrence 2021 Draft Prospect Thread

brushmyhair

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

He is considered that because he had the best season any true freshman QB in college football has ever had.  No one has been better and did more as a true freshman, some were close but they were all RS freshman Quarterback starters.  Hell Lawrence did not ever start all season but still had crazy good production and success.  That makes no sense however, you rip on Tua because he has great WRs to throw to when if you are talking pure star power Clemson has better WRs and a better RB than Alabama does and a better OL, Bama's line has sucked early this season.  So then rip on Trevor for that if you rip on Tua for it.  The guy is a great leader, great kid, throws a very catchable football and is athletic enough to move around, not to mention is left handed.

Trevor has a better arm in terms of strength and speed, is more athletic, stronger and taller than Tua.  Tua has arguably better intangibles and better touch on his passes and is harder to handle at times being left handed.  They are both great and no freaking thank you taking Goff, Darnold or Mayfield over Tua, no.  Don't like him all you want, he will be the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft in 2020 and Trevor will obviously be the 1st in 2021 unless either one gets greatly injured or something.

Again, I don’t know how many times I have to say this to you. I haven’t once said Lawrence is not an elite prospect. You don’t need to sell me on his gifts. They are obvious. I simply said he is not as infallible as people claim.

And no, just because I knock Tua for throwing pop passes to wide open guys who take it to the house, and that Lawrence has similarly superior surrounding casts, it does not mean I have to automatically like Tua as much. I like Lawrence more because I see a lot more transferable skills in him to the pro game than I do in Tua.

Tua needs to excel in the big games against competitive defenses this season. Not see and throw everything late and telegraphed.

8 hours ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Again, I don’t know how many times I have to say this to you. I haven’t once said Lawrence is not an elite prospect. You don’t need to sell me on his gifts. They are obvious. I simply said he is not as infallible as people claim.

And no, just because I knock Tua for throwing pop passes to wide open guys who take it to the house, and that Lawrence has similarly superior surrounding casts, it does not mean I have to automatically like Tua as much. I like Lawrence more because I see a lot more transferable skills in him to the pro game than I do in Tua.

Tua needs to excel in the big games against competitive defenses this season. Not see and throw everything late and telegraphed.

Tua has a 76% completion percentage and has thrown 0 INTs this year. Trevor has a 65% completion percentage with again a better run game, better top end WRs arguably especially in terms of catch radius/size, and a better offensive line.  He has thrown 5 INTs this year.  

So who telegraphed passes and throws everything late?  Lawrence is still the better prospect overall I feel they both came out this year but still...

Tua is not nearly as bad as you make him out to be but yes does need to play better in big aka if they get to the National title game again.  Only really bad game was against Clemson last year, Georgia that was more a injury situation not really a bad game by him last year.  

Confused what all the hype is about. Lawrence hasn’t played anyone fierce and has gone 5 TDs/5 Ints. The Andrew Luck comparisons seem INCREDIBLY premature and perhaps even reckless. I mean Lawrence has top notch weapons to throw to in comparison to some of the defenses he’s facing and he’s still not getting it done to an elite degree.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

I think Trevor Lawrence will be a fine prospect in a couple years. Possibly a great one. Maybe the best of all time. 

He could also wind up Hackenberging over the next 2 seasons and wind up being a once-exciting but now "meh" type pick. 

We've all seen "great" prospects as FR and SO. Anything before a JR year is probably a bit premature. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Confused what all the hype is about. Lawrence hasn’t played anyone fierce and has gone 5 TDs/5 Ints. The Andrew Luck comparisons seem INCREDIBLY premature and perhaps even reckless. I mean Lawrence has top notch weapons to throw to in comparison to some of the defenses he’s facing and he’s still not getting it done to an elite degree.

rough start for sure. But this is exactly why you should never tank for anyone as an NFL franchise. There are no guarantees.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 7:29 PM, Activated10 said:

That laugh will turn into a shock reaction by the end of this college season. I know what Lawrence did was amazing and Lawrence is amazing, but he isn't only amazing QB in 2021 draft. People will realize soon enough that we're going to witness 2 elite QB prospects for the next 2 years. 

This has seriously aged really well. He's leagues ahead of Lawrence as far as the Heisman is concerned.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 1:38 PM, ET80 said:

There is no MAY to it. He simply is. 

There are about 20 NFL teams he could walk up to right now and be the best QB on the roster. I wasn't kidding when I said you wouldn't be completely crazy to list Lawrence as one of the top 10 QBs currently playing. 

One top 10 QBs if playing that includes NFL but isn't even playing like top 5 QB in College currently lmaaaaao. Swing & miss so far 

1 minute ago, Activated10 said:

One top 10 QBs if playing that includes NFL but isn't even playing like top 5 QB in College currently lmaaaaao. Swing & miss so far 

I'm not worried one bit. It's a rough patch, everyone has 'em. 

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'm not worried one bit. It's a rough patch, everyone has 'em. 

I don't rememeber top tier QB prospect having rough patch unless he was injured like Tua last year or their team isn't as good as advertised like Darnold in 2017. Neither is the case for Lawrence haha

Just now, Activated10 said:

I don't rememeber top tier QB prospect having rough patch unless he was injured like Tua last year or their team isn't as good as advertised like Darnold in 2017. Neither is the case for Lawrence haha

This is nonsense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Activated10 said:

Sounds like a problem with your memory then... Plenty of guys hit some skids, you're just being selective with how you're quantifying it.

Look up Eli Manning's Jr year. Or his brother, Payton's Jr year. Or, Tom Brady's Sr year ...when he was benched for Drew Henson. Or Drew Brees' final three games at Purdue.

I'd say they were all top tier QB prospects (save for Brady, maybe) and each one of them had some pretty bad blemishes in their college career.

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Sounds like a problem with your memory then... Plenty of guys hit some skids, you're just being selective with how you're quantifying it.

Look up Eli Manning's Jr year. Or his brother, Payton's Jr year. Or, Tom Brady's Sr year ...when he was benched for Drew Henson. Or Drew Brees' final three games at Purdue.

I'd say they were all top tier QB prospects (save for Brady, maybe) and each one of them had some pretty bad blemishes in their college career.

Matt Ryan and Jameis Winston both turned the ball over A LOT and "regressed" into their careers in that regard, not to mention DeShaun Watson.

• Like 1