The Official Trevor Lawrence 2021 Draft Prospect Thread

brushmyhair

Just now, Danger said:

Did you watch Super Bowl LII?

There was effort to that - that was a punch/counterpunch game. Great overall performance by Foles, but there was blood and sweat poured into that performance. 

Best way to describe it - you remember the movie The Matrix? When Neo got up after being shot by Agent Smith? Smith fired 50 rounds at him after, and Neo just held his hand up... and the bullets stopped. Smith threw every possible punch and kick at Neo, and Neo just blocked it. Casually. Even with one arm behind his back, it was the equivalent of an ant trying to go to war against a car.

THAT was Lawrence that day. THAT was Aikman that day. In the case of Aikman, it was a one time thing, as he never played at THAT level again. I don't know if Lawrence can do THAT again, but I wouldn't bet against it.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

There was effort to that - that was a punch/counterpunch game. Great overall performance by Foles, but there was blood and sweat poured into that performance. 

Best way to describe it - you remember the movie The Matrix? When Neo got up after being shot by Agent Smith? Smith fired 50 rounds at him after, and Neo just held his hand up... and the bullets stopped. Smith threw every possible punch and kick at Neo, and Neo just blocked it. Casually. Even with one arm behind his back, it was the equivalent of an ant trying to go to war against a car.

THAT was Lawrence that day. THAT was Aikman that day. In the case of Aikman, it was a one time thing, as he never played at THAT level again. I don't know if Lawrence can do THAT again, but I wouldn't bet against it.

Shame on you for picking Aikman over Steve Young against the Chargers. SHAME. ON. YOU.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Shame on you for picking Aikman over Steve Young against the Chargers. SHAME. ON. YOU.

I don't know why I didn't remember that one. That was absolutely up there, too. 

I'll take my shame with a side of Red Beans and Rice. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Danger said:

Tua looked dreadful against Clemson, whereas Trevor looked liked an Artisan in that same game on the same stage.

Tua didn’t look that bad against Clemson. Just looked like a QB facing the best college defense in history. And he had some solid drives. 

The Tua game that bothers me is Georgia. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Tua didn’t look that bad against Clemson. Just looked like a QB facing the best college defense in history. And he had some solid drives. 

The Tua game that bothers me is Georgia. 

It wasn't the best college defense in history though, not even close.

11 hours ago, SBLIII said:

Fields isn't on the same level and never will be. I've seen both in person, it's not close.

Did you see both in College or High School. If it's College then idk how you could judge Fields when he wasn't the full time starter. If it was HS then that's fine but remember Lawrence team in HS was way more stacked than Fields

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ET80 said:

I really like Fields and can't wait to see him at OSU this season. From an athletic perspective, he might be better in some capacity - probably a better runner, might have a slightly stronger arm - a lot to like with him.

This being said, there's just something about Lawrence that makes me like him more. Call it the "It" factor, call it football IQ, clutch, ice in his veins - whatever it is, he has it at a level I've never seen before. 

I could be romanticizing his talent, but I just feel it with him. He's going to be special in a way I can't really quantify. Fields is going to be great in his own right, but I don't think he'll be on par with Lawrence (he'll be close).

I agree that Lawrence is special and has it factor but I believe Fields also has special ability and that Fields has the same traits. He took an average HS team in Georgia and made them one of the best in the state with the same players. That shows elite playing ability and great leadership. 

I think both players are special, all hype is going to Lawrence and its well deserved but I think Fields is going to share the hype and 2021 draft is going to be most anticipated since 2012 or 1998

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

How quickly people forget how good Luck was.

We all remember. It will have been 9 years since someone dethrones Luck prospect wise. Which is a long time. And that’s Trevor Lawrence. He’s the best prospect since Peyton easily imo. 

247’s recruiting score on Luck was 0.978. Lawrence is 0.999.

The guy’s tape and intangibles are absolutely phenomenal. Most of us said he’d be the best QB in college before he threw a ball, and he proved everyone right. The best season for a true freshmen ever. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

We all remember. It will have been 9 years since someone dethrones Luck prospect wise. Which is a long time. And that’s Trevor Lawrence. He’s the best prospect since Peyton easily imo. 

247’s recruiting score on Luck was 0.978. Lawrence is 0.999.

The guy’s tape and intangibles are absolutely phenomenal. Most of us said he’d be the best QB in college before he threw a ball, and he proved everyone right. The best season for a true freshmen ever. 

Luck was a 4 Star recruit coming out if I remember correctly. But keep in mind Clemson's talent is off the charts good. Is it 05 USC elite? No but it's definitely enough for him to not have to compensate. Lawrence is extremely impressive but I'm curious what he could do without the talent around him.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I think of lawrence as derek Anderson with a better arm,

NO ONE has a better arm than DA. TAKE IT BACK!!!!

accuracy,

Fair

overall football ability

MORE than fair

, hair,

Definitely true

and leadership 

Absolutely

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:34 PM, BayRaider said:

I don’t think Lawrence has unreasonable expectations, these are just random expectations out there that you put. He could easily meet the season he had last year and that would be totally acceptable. Even a few more picks would be fine. 

Agreed completely. Whoever is picking 1st in 2021 is picking Trevor Lawrence and not trading. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Packers, Seahawks, Browns, etc. They will pick Lawrence and jettison off their QB. 

Nah son, we good over here, you completely failed to realize that this would be year 3 Baker.

Edited by MSURacerDT55