The Official Trevor Lawrence 2021 Draft Prospect Thread

brushmyhair

21 minutes ago, Danger said:

The nickname "Goldie Locks" is all too fitting for Lawrence.

Obviously his long golden hair. The fact that most of the time people will find something to gripe about QB prospects, but Lawrence is "Juuuuust right".

+1,000,000

But I do have something to gripe about with him. He's still too thin, not going to go in on him until he fills out a bit. Murray is physically much denser than Goldie Locks, and people are worried about injuries with Murray. 

• Like 2

Just now, HoboRocket said:

+1,000,000

But I do have something to gripe about with him. He's still too thin, not going to go in on him until he fills out a bit. Murray is physically much denser than Goldie Locks, and people are worried about injuries with Murray. 

GettyImages-1092895514.jpg

Looks fine to me.  

RILKMQVTNIKZYDE.20181201193857.jpg

This on the otherhand, while also having a MUCH smaller frame? Yeah no thanks. Dude will be lucky to make it to week 6 if he's trying to scramble with any regularity.

• Like 3

After looking more at Lawrence, his body is more filled out and developed than I first imagined. His longer limbs give off an opposite initial perception. I'm curious to know his current weight. I think 240 lb might be ideal for him.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Danger said:

GettyImages-1092895514.jpg

Looks fine to me.  

RILKMQVTNIKZYDE.20181201193857.jpg

This on the otherhand, while also having a MUCH smaller frame? Yeah no thanks. Dude will be lucky to make it to week 6 if he's trying to scramble with any regularity.

1060728166.jpg.0.jpg

20oklahoma-web1-articleLarge.jpg?quality

GettyImages-1029442206_1544324783197_105

Kyler Murray is thickly built around the limbs and the trunk. Yes, the arms look smaller when they're extended. They do on literally everyone. Even when he's playing high, you don't have as much of an injury risk because of his lower center of gravity.

See, I'm not worried with height as much as proportional weight and medical reports. Do some shorter guys get hurt? Yes. Do taller guys get hurt? Yes. The correlation tends to be more on their proportional weight than their height. And then there are guys that just play recklessly like a Joe Flacco, younger Cam Newton, or Josh Allen, where the proportional weight is there but they're just not careful. Murray isn't really a reckless runner. Then you have guys who are just injury prone due to disorders and medical conditions or poor lifestyle choices. Interesting enough: Arian Foster went experimental-type vegan and then the injuries came in droves. Not knocking veganism, but Forks over Knives isn't really the ideal diet for someone who's taking 20 hits a game.

Anyways, I'm not worried about Kyler weight-wise. Ideally, he'll gain a few pounds, but he doesn't have AS MUCH to gain to reach ideal proportion as a, say, Lamar Jackson, Jared Goff, or Deshaun Watson going in.

Now, onto Trevor Lawrence.

a9b19caa-ad4d-4193-86d5-29ca91e1c7e4-010

1038013540.jpeg&

He's smart about the gear he wears, similar to Murray, to minimize injuries. However, with the length of his limbs, he has longer levers to distribute that weight, and, if we're talking from a physics perspective, he has greater risk of injury along the limb (shoulder, knee, elbow, and ankle injuries, mostly). He does take some awkward looking stances and I'm worried about getting stepped on or taking a hit to the arm or leg. His arms are rocked up, but with a longer arm, his shoulder will take more punishment with someone pushing, pulling, or yanking it than, say, someone with shorter limbs. I'm just nitpicking, though. He should gain about 15-20 lbs, which, proportionately, isn't really all that different from Kyler gaining 5-10. 

I do agree that Lawrence is generational, but prepare to get his ectomorphic frame overanalyzed over the next two years. It'll be totally overblown, as it's not a major concern, but if we're talking about a perfect QB prospect, I'd PREFER that he gained a bit of weight. I'd still take him at number one overall if he didn't.

37 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

After looking more at Lawrence, his body is more filled out and developed than I first imagined. His longer limbs give off an opposite initial perception. I'm curious to know his current weight. I think 240 lb might be ideal for him.

He's listed at 216.

12 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

I was looking for an updated weight from spring practice.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Then I've got nothing.

You know, in some ways, I wish the Saints didn't have Teddy Bridgewater so they could trade the farm for Lawrence once Brees retires. Then again, it might happen anyways. As long as the Pats don't get him.

The Chargers are really the only team that don't have a succession plan of sorts for their future HOF/HOVGer. I mean, they sort of have the Saints' QB situation, but worse in every single way. Drew Brees > Phillip Rivers, Teddy B > Tyrod Taylor, Taysom Hill > Easton Stick. Not trolling the Chargers, just suggesting that they could be a landing spot that makes sense, assuming they were willing to trade three first-round picks and several day-two picks.

20 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

+1,000,000

I mean, he is 19. I think he can put on an extra 20 lbs by staring intently at a tub of Syntha-6. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Then I've got nothing.

You know, in some ways, I wish the Saints didn't have Teddy Bridgewater so they could trade the farm for Lawrence once Brees retires. Then again, it might happen anyways. As long as the Pats don't get him.

I don't think anyone is trading that Lawrence pick - save for a potential season ending injury to a guy like Mahomes, Watson or Mayfield that leads KC/Hou/Cle to the #1 pick, pretty much anyone who is picking #1 when Lawrence declares is already locked into picking him.

5 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

I'm going to point my finger in blame; Trevor Lawrence is the reason Dabo Swinney isn't going to be the Texans' new head coach.

Dabo was at the Rockets/Warriors game, wearing Texans gear, so I'm holding out hope that Cal does the right thing...

....but I have a bad, bad, BAD feeling that Jeff Fisher is the next HC if BOB is fired. Which will break me. Break me.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh.

Then I've got nothing.

The Chargers are really the only team that don't have a succession plan of sorts for their future HOF/HOVGer. I mean, they sort of have the Saints' QB situation, but worse in every single way. Drew Brees > Phillip Rivers, Teddy B > Tyrod Taylor, Taysom Hill > Easton Stick. Not trolling the Chargers, just suggesting that they could be a landing spot that makes sense, assuming they were willing to trade three first-round picks and several day-two picks.

I can only repeat myself. If the NFL has a lockout in 2021, Lawrence does not declare and there is a draft lottery for a generational QB talent in 2022, that would be fairly hilarious. That would also be the only way NE can luck into him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Dabo was at the Rockets/Warriors game, wearing Texans gear, so I'm holding out hope that Cal does the right thing...

....but I have a bad, bad, BAD feeling that Jeff Fisher is the next HC if BOB is fired. Which will break me. Break me.

Dabo isn't leaving Clemson barring an insane contract offer.
BOB probably isn't in line to be fired.
I'll write a 10 page essay on the color purple if Jeff Fisher ever gets another NFL HC gig, dude has shown that he is an abysmal modern day coach, he's more suited towards the 80's.

• Like 1