The Official 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Thread!!!

resilient part 2

On 5/17/2019 at 5:09 PM, NYRaider said:

But also LOL at the Lakers having a good scouting department, you've drafted terribly and the only two good players you did draft recently are no longer with the team. 

Actually, scouting is about damn near the only thing the Lakers have done well.

On 5/17/2019 at 5:36 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm not as big on Kuzma and Hart like a lot of Lakers fans, but for where they were taken respectively you can't say those aren't solid picks.

The biggest value that Kuzma had was that he figured out how to play alongside LeBron James quickly.  All of our young players had trouble adjusting to playing around LeBron.  For most of their careers, Ingram and Ball were by far the best players on their respective teams.  They were the focal point of the offense.  Kuzma knows how to play off the ball, and create easy opportunities by movement.

50 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Actually, scouting is about damn near the only thing the Lakers have done well.

You've had as many top 5 picks as anyone in the league recently and have had the worst record and no really valuable young assets. Great scouting department if I've ever seen one.

On 5/17/2019 at 3:36 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ball and Ingram ain't bums by any means.  

You can pull up as many weird, advanced stats as you want, neither guy contributes to winning basketball or fits in the modern NBA. Unless having a bunch of guys that can't shoot works in the postseason, oh wait, you guys signed the best player in the world and still missed the playoffs with all of those great young players. Incredible.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You've had as many top 5 picks as anyone in the league recently and have had the worst record and no really valuable young assets. Great scouting department if I've ever seen one.

I'm assuming this is a really bad hyperbole, because the Lakers have had two top 5 picks in the last three years and 3 in the last six years.  Meanwhile, the Cavs have had more.  The Suns have had more.  And the Lakers didn't have the worst record and they have valuable assets.  You just choose not to pretend what's in front of your face.

1 hour ago, CWood21 said:

I'm assuming this is a really bad hyperbole, because the Lakers have had two top 5 picks in the last three years and 3 in the last six years.  Meanwhile, the Cavs have had more.  The Suns have had more.  And the Lakers didn't have the worst record and they have valuable assets.  You just choose not to pretend what's in front of your face.

The last 6 seasons the Lakers have the worst record in the league, but okay. Magic dropped a bomb on the organization today. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean... you only listed two times that had more high picks... the Lakers have nothing really to show for all those high picks. Ingram will probably be a good player, Ball is kind of useless in today’s NBA offensively.