The Official 2019 NBA Draft Lottery Thread!!!

resilient part 2

50 minutes ago, tom cody said:

That's tonight. Going to be interesting to win. Whoever wins the lottery is getting a potential all time great in Zion for sure.

Potential all-time grape is a maybe but I'm leaning on just a good player who's very unique but who will sell a lot of tickets at first

Who is going to win the sweepstakes for Zion? Knicks is my guess.

Who would you like to see win it? Any big market really. Dallas (can they?) would be ideal for me though.

Is Zion a "lock" to go number 1? Absolutely. It's 100% done today.

what team would be best for Zion to "excel with ?? Most teams I imagine.

Ja Morant a lock for number 2?  RJ Barrett? Ja should be a lock for #2. RJ is a lot of hype.

who the hell is this drafts 4th best player right now? Maybe the UNC PG?

18 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'd expect the latter. Davis is no doubt being traded.

This is what came to mind for me too, that'd be amazing. But even the #3 pick could make it worth it. RJ Barrett, Zion, Jrue, and cap space to sign a Kemba or Kyrie. Boom thats a playoff team. 

RJ Barrett, Jrue and Kemba/Kyrie on the same team would be a disaster.

Can someone explain to me why the Knicks would do this? I don't have a firm grasp on how the NBA cap/lottery tax/FA whatever works, but from my understanding the Knicks can sign 2 players to max contracts this off-season. So they could get 2 of KD/Kyrie/Kawhi/Klay/Kemba/Jimmy whatever. So id they got the #1 pick, they would have 2 of those guys plus Zion.

But if they trade #1 (and Knox) for AD, couldn't they only sign 1 of those max guys? So we are comparing

• 2 MAX + Knox + Zion

vs

• 1 MAX + AD

Am I understanding this correctly? If I am, why the hell would the Knicks do that? 

14 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Can someone explain to me why the Knicks would do this? I don't have a firm grasp on how the NBA cap/lottery tax/FA whatever works, but from my understanding the Knicks can sign 2 players to max contracts this off-season. So they could get 2 of KD/Kyrie/Kawhi/Klay/Kemba/Jimmy whatever. So id they got the #1 pick, they would have 2 of those guys plus Zion.

But if they trade #1 (and Knox) for AD, couldn't they only sign 1 of those max guys? So we are comparing

• 2 MAX + Knox + Zion

vs

• 1 MAX + AD

Am I understanding this correctly? If I am, why the hell would the Knicks do that? 

If they don't think KD/Kawhi will come, those 2 and AD are a cut above the rest

29 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

• 2 MAX + Knox + Zion

vs

• 1 MAX + AD

They can sign 2 max players and then trade for Davis. Once Zion is signed (they'd need to wait for this to match Davis' salary in a trade) they can complete a trade 1 month later.

Zion + Knox + Frank Ntilikina + Lance Thomas for Davis.

Sign the 2 max players then propose the trade.

However, if Memphis doesn't get #1, then I hope New Orleans does for the lulz.

Dumb question. If you are the Sixers do you think about trading Simmons for #2 plus and take Ja Morant? Seems like they'd be better with having a PG that can shoot instead of Embiid and Simmons converging all the defense to the paint.