RaidersAreOne

Seahawks sign DE Ziggy Ansah (1 year, $9M)

Surprised he didn't go to NE for the vet minimum.

He was on the verge of being elite in this league before the injury bug hit him. Wouldn't surprise me to see him have a comeback year on a team like the Seahawks...

Pretty great when healthy.

Never healthy.

I was worried the Lions would re sign him.

Finally someone signed! Thought there would've been way more FA signings yesterday after the deadline had passed for losing compensation picks. Kinda quiet...

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

Good. I like Ziggy, don't care for Seattle. The less the Seahawks have him, the better. He can be good...when healthy.

33 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This is worse than I thought. yikes

Seahawks don't have a lick of pass rush past Ziggy so I would expect they're not exactly in a situation where they can afford to just let him recover properly.

If Ziggy is ready to go at some point, it will be interesting to see where he lines up. His size says 5 tech Edge, but of the two edge positions, the 5 Tech has much more depth. Currently at the 5 Tech Seattle has 1st Rounder LJ Collier, 2018 3rd Rounder Rasheem Green, Last years starter Quinton Jefferson and Naz Jones (who might slide back to UT). In contrast, Seattle at the LEO edge rusher has 2018 6th Rounder Jacob Martin (who flashed nice speed rushing last year), old and busted Cassius Marsh, and former and current bust Nate Orchard. 

Common Sense would be to place him at Leo, even if its not an ideal fit.