Seahawks sign DE Ziggy Ansah (1 year, $9M)

RaidersAreOne

I like Ziggy and would have liked to see him come back to Detroit for a $7M deal. We have cap space and I wouldn't hate him as a rotational guy. $9M - $13M is pretty heavy for a guy that is rarely healthy. It's not a great sign that he could miss the first month of the season.

1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I like Ziggy and would have liked to see him come back to Detroit for a $7M deal. We have cap space and I wouldn't hate him as a rotational guy. $9M - $13M is pretty heavy for a guy that is rarely healthy. It's not a great sign that he could miss the first month of the season.

Unfortunately, it is not unusual, either. :( 

And no, for my 9ers sake, I do not want him earning those incentives.

2 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Unfortunately, it is not unusual, either. :( 

And no, for my 9ers sake, I do not want him earning those incentives.

Tell me about it. I'm a Lions fan. Ansah has been the perennial question mark since his rookie season. He's a solid player and seems like a decent guy but we paid $17M for 11 tackles last season. They were hoping he could stay on the field and be the player he can be but that didn't happen.

Great deal for Seattle. He's definitely a guy I would have been very cautious about handing a big, long-term contract to, but he's well worth taking a chance on for a one-year deal. And it just feels like Seattle is a great fit for Ansah.