Old username recovery and new site issues

Sandwhich2

Just logged on after a few month break to see that there's a new forum. Couldn't get into my old username and it used an email address that I know longer use so I couldn't reset the password. 

Took me about 30 minutes to sign up for a new account because the site just doesn't load well on my android device, which is the main device I used to browse this forum. 

As I'm typing this I've been trying to load another thread in a different window and it's still not loaded up. 

Was there something wrong with the old forum? As it stands nows this one is unusable for me so I'll probably stay off it until something changes. It's not like it's an upgrade on appearance either. I'm just a little confused why the change was made and a little sad that I can't use the forum without issue. 

@Sandwhich2 If you would like to recover your old username you can go here.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589383

Old accounts were transfered over and we gave everyone a month to update their email accounts so they could get their new passwords for this forum.   Unfortunately, if you didn't keep your account up to date on the old forum and were away for over a month, you missed out on the transition.  Sorry for that.    

As for not wanting to change to a new forum, I can understand that.  I was very reluctant to make this change and I've put it off for years because I knew we had a great thing on the old forum. However, it is finally the right time to upgrade.  This forum is a much needed upgrade for mobile users and it adds a ton of features members have been requesting for years. So far everyone has really enjoyed it. 

Of course it will take some getting used to and I don't expect for all members to love it right away. I do hope you will give it a chance. 

The forums now automatically adjust to the device you are using and should load great on all devices.  I know about half our members use android and this is the first time I've heard someone tell me the forums were now slower on android.   Perhaps it's something with your device, browser, or network.   Try rebooting your device. Try resetting your FF cookies on your browser.  Try a different browser.   Try a different Wi-fi or network.    

I appreciate the response. Trying to make it faster but it gets "stuck" pretty often. Says it's loaded but none of my clicks register. I use my browser a lot on my phone and haven't had the issue with other sites or with the old site. I've tried a few things, including some you've mentioned. I'll keep at it. 

Archived