Watchmen Trailer HBO

MossyMoss

19 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Ugh I just don't know this kinda feels like it'll miss the mark totally. I hope to be wrong, but the whole point of Watchmen is that all the costumes and stuff made them all deeply disturbed people. Giving an actual villain to like, go out and punch good and fight is a total mis-step.

Yeah, the Watchmen were supposed to be the villains.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Isnt that the point?

It’s quite possible.  I guess we’ll find out how it looks and fits contextually when the show airs.  I’m just apprehensive about when shows/films go badly bcuz of it.  Powers is imo the best comic book series of all time but the Sony TV series was so bad bcuz of how cosplay it looked.  Weirdly enough, there’s a ton of cosplay these days that looks far superior.  Trailers look good so far so here’s hoping...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

lol I was kidding after seeing Tetsujin's comment. 

What was the consensus on the premiere? I liked the movie for the most part but never read any of the source material.

my bad, I try to catch those so I can edit them into hidden comments lol

It was very well done, very much in the spirit of the source material but it seemed... over-reliant on it. The blood drip on the badge matching the smiley pin. The constant Dr. Manhattan teases. The use of the most quoted line in the series "will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll look down and whisper 'No.'" Im also not invested in any of the characters yet. Honestly the one person I thought had the best development was the one character they killed off. Everyone else just seemed surface level to me. The plot was superb though. Honestly I am being nitpicky. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Pilot was very interesting. Tulsa massacre getting some attention was well done.

Kinda weird how the audience score for this on RT is low, but lately it's been a thing.

I actually lol'd at one audience review that said, "Has nothing to do with Watchmen." from a lady named Viola.

Some fascinating concepts touched on already esp considering the day and age we live in now. The permission needed to unlock their weapons was well done and the faulty technology being an added touch.  Happy to see Regina King get her due and watching her kickass was cool.  I love that Lindelof has the freedom to use what he wants from the comic/movie but he isn’t beholden to it.  

I wanna watch this but what’s with the low RT Audience score? When I watch something I tend to agree with the audience and disagree with critics. Not sure I wanna waste an hour (time is the most valuable thing in the world). A lot of people said it was race baiting garbage with a social agenda? Like, what the heck does that mean? 

Edited by BayRaider