Watchmen Trailer HBO

MossyMoss

On 10/22/2019 at 9:19 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

That is not at all a safe assumption to make

Supposedly it has a overwhelming satisfactory rating from critics, which means there "probably" is race baiting, political agenda and some of the posters defending it are not surprising given their usual stance on these issues.

I'm not saying it is or isn't I want to watch at least the first episode myself. I liked The Boys up until it got real preachy during the middle of the season but I stuck with it cause I thought it was a well done season. So i'll reserve judgement on this one, it may turn out like The Boys. But preachiness is almost a given now days in every show and movie with the out of touch people in Hollywood who think they need to do our thinking for us. 

• Like 1

- Interesting that Laurie has not only taken on her biological fathers last name, but also his Comedian persona given how in the movie her character absolutely despised him. But that probably goes along with this modern day Lauries current sort of perspective on the world which is very similar to her fathers.

- Where the heck is Veidt even at? Feels like he's being kept in captivity. Perhaps Dr. Manhattan banished him to some remote island he can't escape and he (Manhattan) is the game warden? But then with the body being frozen perhaps he's actually on Mars with Manhattan? Even though Manhattan saw the end result of Veidt's plan was a net sum of good for humanity, he perhaps couldn't accept the murder of the Comedian and the sacrifice of millions of New Yorkers as justifiable collateral for the peace.

- The car at the end was Angela's right? So is it just a coincidence that it fell right in front of Laurie or was it truly a response from Manhattan?

Also in case no ones seen it yet. Agent Petey on the show is posting a blog or whatever of news clippings on the HBO website as the episodes air.
https://www.hbo.com/peteypedia

Edited by Shockey1979

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Haven’t watched the last two was hoping someone would let me know if it’s gotten better.

Episode 5 had the strongest and most direct link to the Watchmen movie/comic we’ve seen so far and also showed Looking Glass’ origin story.  Tonight’s episode was a pretty interesting flashback episode that ties into episode 1.  Altho there was an element to the story that I found rather silly.  Even in a show where a giant alien squid psychically murdered millions and where a blue man lives on Mars.  

Edited by thrILL!

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

which one?

Can't speak for him but I found the scene when Will was leading Crawford to the tree in the wheelchair kinda silly. I suppose under Lady Trieu the mesmerizing capability has been perfected and advanced but to the point where now it's a convenient little blinky flashlight? I kind of found that to be a stretch. Plus at times he barely had the light on him. Maybe I need to watch it again but how does Crawford end up hanging like 4 feet in the air. Perhaps I missed something. But like he said in a world where WMD's exist as giant psychic squids it's passable. Just felt that scene was kind of lazily done.

Loved the episode as a whole though. Getting to see what molded Will into what he is today. The reveal of him as HJ. I'm not a comic reader (only about halfway through at the moment) but from what I gather that's a pretty big retcon of HJ? Missed not having any of the Veidt side story further revealed but I can understand why considering the subject matter of the episode.