Looking back at 49ers possible OBJ trade

beats2rock

Well, we're led to believe they tried, but DG fleeced them for Cleveland in a preferential treatment. Apparently Dorsey and Gett are close? It's easy to say in hindsight, but it appears SF tried their best. 

As for NYG in the #2 spot - if he took him at 6, why wouldn't he do the same at 2? He could have traded 6 back and still got him, but didn't, so I don't see any other outcome other than turning the card in for Daniel.

Edited by Hunter2_1

2 minutes ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Nah, he can't possibly be that dumb.

I wouldn't bet my life on it though.

gettleman.gif?format=1500w

Dude on the left is like: "My livelihood is dependent on this ignoramus. Better start applying elsewhere."

• Like 1

Its been an ongoing discussion in the 49er forum. 

You cant beat having a (hopefully) elite pass rusher on a rookie contract for 4 years (plus the 5th year option). Kyle Shanahan has shown he can scheme guys open. The need for an elite WR is not as great as some other teams might have. 

We obviously wanted to upgrade at WR considering we drafted two WRs with our first 3 picks. Would have been nice to get Odell, but #2 overall was really never on the table for us. 

@J-ALL-DAY does not agree with me

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, N4L said:

You cant beat having a (hopefully) elite pass rusher on a rookie contract for 4 years (plus the 5th year option). Kyle Shanahan has shown he can scheme guys open. The need for an elite WR is not as great as some other teams might have.

I tend to agree with this - Shanny can scheme guys open. Sure, it get much easier when you have a top tier WR (Julio Jones and Andre Johnson come to mind) but he's got some solid production out of guys like Mo Sanu, Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walter. 

Odell would be nice, but Bosa is a commodity that's dire for that defense.

• Like 1

The obsession other teams fans have with Gettleman is weird to say the least.

If the Giants traded OBJ straight up for the number 2 pick I think they would have taken Quinnen Williams. But honestly I’m okay with Dexter Lawrence, Gabrill Peppers, and Oshane Ximines. The Giants turned OBJ into 3 young pieces for a rebuilding defense 

Edited by Gmen