Looking back at 49ers possible OBJ trade

beats2rock

2 hours ago, Gmen said:

The obsession other teams fans have with Gettleman is weird to say the least.

He brings a portion of this on himself, I think. It would be one thing if he just made some..."unique" decisions in my opinion. Every GM does that to some extent based on their own predilections, but Gettleman really doubles down on it when people question it with some unique arrogance and smartest guy in the room persona. You don't have to agree with that, of course, but just comes across that way sometimes to me. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Its been an ongoing discussion in the 49er forum. 

You cant beat having a (hopefully) elite pass rusher on a rookie contract for 4 years (plus the 5th year option). Kyle Shanahan has shown he can scheme guys open. The need for an elite WR is not as great as some other teams might have. 

We obviously wanted to upgrade at WR considering we drafted two WRs with our first 3 picks. Would have been nice to get Odell, but #2 overall was really never on the table for us. 

@J-ALL-DAY does not agree with me

It's just far too large a cost. Still don't understand why SF didn't entertain Brown at the pricetag he went at though. Locker room is a small thing, but he would have excelled in a shanny passing attack.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's just far too large a cost. Still don't understand why SF didn't entertain Brown at the pricetag he went at though. Locker room is a small thing, but he would have excelled in a shanny passing attack.

From what I understand, they never even placed a call. I'm not 100% sure why...I'm guessing it had to be the locker room thing, or maybe it was the new contract thing...who knows. But it's definitely clear that the 49ers never had any desire for him. I can't fault them for that, I suppose. 

Would have been wasted IMO. Kyle will be fired after this season. Dude hasn’t developed any young talent besides Kittle and I’ll argue that’s because Kittle is just a savage and would thrive in any system. 

Theres no way he survives another 5 win season. And that’s where I think the Niners are at right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

From what I understand, they never even placed a call. I'm not 100% sure why...I'm guessing it had to be the locker room thing, or maybe it was the new contract thing...who knows. But it's definitely clear that the 49ers never had any desire for him. I can't fault them for that, I suppose. 

Kittle I'm assuming will be "the guy" and the other 3 are all solid threats. A #1 with kittle would have put the O over the top IMO.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Probably contract, that was a big part of why he wanted out of Pittsburg and then the Bills made a deal for him then couldn't work out the contract to make him happy.

1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Would have been wasted IMO. Kyle will be fired after this season. Dude hasn’t developed any young talent besides Kittle and I’ll argue that’s because Kittle is just a savage and would thrive in any system. 

Theres no way he survives another 5 win season. And that’s where I think the Niners are at right now. 

There's as much chance of Kyle being fired as Sean McVay. Not happening. 

Blaming Shannahan for the crap show of injuries that was last season, especially to thier FQB is absurd.

Lynch and Shannahan  are tied at the hip, for better or worse!! He's going nowhere baring a scandal.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

There's as much chance of Kyle being fired as Sean McVay. Not happening. 

Blaming Shannahan for the crap show of injuries that was last season, especially to thier FQB is absurd.

Lynch and Shannahan  are tied at the hip, for better or worse!! He's going nowhere baring a scandal.

you really think he survives another 5 win season?

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

You really think SF has another 5 win season with a healthy Garopolo? I think that's wishful  thinking from a Division Foe.

Yes, they're bad.. And the Rams and Seattle are so much better.. 

Edited by El ramster

14 hours ago, El ramster said:

He's not getting fired. Hot seat if they won 5? Sure. But he'll get a fourth season, 200%. Could Lynch be on the hot seat? Sure. But Jed loves shanny. He was the crown jewel for him. He's not going anywhere yet. 

The 49ers only win 5 if Jimmy g is a really bad quarterback (or gets hurt again). It's probably a 7-9 win team

• Like 1