Bowser's Way-Too-Early 2020 1st round

BowserBroncos

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I'd say the Texans are more likely to need an OLB. There's a very good chance that Jadevion Clowney is gone next off season.

If he's re-signed or tagged again, then another CB to pair with Lonnie Johnson for the long term makes sense here, too.

Texans is one of the teams that I don't know enough and always get wrong.....unless it's a pretty evident need like OL was this year.

With this board, who would you pick?

2 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Texans is one of the teams that I don't know enough and always get wrong.....unless it's a pretty evident need like OL was this year.

With this board, who would you pick?

I've done like, 10 seconds of 2020 research, so I don't know anyone right now. There's an Alabama CB that's taken in the mid 20s - maybe him? I'm also seeing an edge, so that's also in play. 

Wish I could be more helpful...

• Like 1

I highly doubt the Steelers pick a WR in the first next year. We've drafted a round 2/3 receiver 3 years in a row now (Juju, Washington, and Johnson) and also signed Moncrief this offseason. It seems like we're rolling with those four for the next two years at least to see what we've got there. I mean, never say never when it comes to the draft but unless those guys all completely flame out I don't see a WR happening.

I'd expect the Steelers to target an edge guy, maybe a safety depending on how Sean Davis plays this year. Outside chance of us going OL/DL since we've got some guys getting up there in age right now.

I don't mind the pick per se for the Bengals.  It's more interesting than the inevitable QB picks that will be mocked to us based on us having a top 5 pick.

Personally I think we go with another OT in the first next year.  We have Jonah on one side, but no long term person for the other book end.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

We have Jonah on one side, but no long term person for the other book end.

I was inclined to give the Bengals another OT.....but with Chase Young available was hard not to mock him to Cincy.

I think QB would be a possility if the Bengals pick that high next year.....but I think it will be a situation that will depend on which QB is available and how much they like to trade up for that guy.

I think Herbert and Fromm are nice prospects....but they didn't had great years in 2018 and I think they will need to put solid numbers this year to be QBs that teams want to pick no metter what....if don't I could see anything happen to them (from being a top 5 pick or even having a tumble to out of the first round).

That said, we live in a world that Josh Allen, Josh Rosen and Daniel Jones are top 10 picks and Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock aren't....so anything can happen.

7 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

I was inclined to give the Bengals another OT.....but with Chase Young available was hard not to mock him to Cincy.

I think QB would be a possility if the Bengals pick that high next year.....but I think it will be a situation that will depend on which QB is available and how much they like to trade up for that guy.

I think Herbert and Fromm are nice prospects....but they didn't had great years in 2018 and I think they will need to put solid numbers this year to be QBs that teams want to pick no metter what....if don't I could see anything happen to them (from being a top 5 pick or even having a tumble to out of the first round).

That said, we live in a world that Josh Allen, Josh Rosen and Daniel Jones are top 10 picks and Dwayne Haskins and Drew Lock aren't....so anything can happen.

i  could see Chase Young, but it has been like forever since we took a DE in the first.  Fans often disagree with it, but the team has definite positions it puts first round pick investments in.  As much as I liked Bush and White this year, they were never going to take a LB that high when the highest rated O Lineman was staring them in the face.

Just now, INbengalfan said:

As much as I liked Bush and White this year, they were never going to take a LB that high when the highest rated O Lineman was staring them in the face

Hard to say.....neither White or Bush made it to 11....if they did Jonah would have probably be a top 10 pick.

If Williams went in the top 10 and Pittsburgh didn't trade with Denver.....good chances Bush would be in Cincy today....maybe even with Williams available, but hard to be sure.

Also big difference on drafting a Edge Rusher like Young and a LB like Bush.....Edge Rusher is a way more premium position than Off-Ball Linebacker....that's why if the decision comes down to Young or a OL, having Jonah would make it easier to go with the Edge Rusher

On 5/9/2019 at 2:04 PM, BowserBroncos said:

I don't think it would prevent Jax to look for Albert O....but we could flip him with Brown and still make sence for both JAX and TEN

with the telvin smith news(im gonna go ahead and assume the jags will cut him next offseason with his cap number and his declined play from previous year and the year off) i would be 100% on simmons cuz he looks like the perfect wlb who could replace telvin on a permant basis while williams(who i think was drafted for the future has big shoes to fill potentially this year cuz right now its really a question of is it gonna be Ryan at MLB and Jack at WLB or is it gonna be Jack at MLB and WIlliams at WLB cuz allen is already penciled in as our starting SLB and moves down to DE in nickle. 

8 hours ago, BowserBroncos said:

Hate to project a bad season for the Bills, but someone have to pick this high.

Epenesa would be awesome to watch with you guys

Why not NYJ? Buffalo looks like the second best team in the AFC East and had a great draft/offseason building around Josh Allen.