Rick & Morty

bucsfan333

2 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I played it for a bit last year (or so). It's Pokemon, but with a bunch of different Mortys. It might be better now.

That's basically what it is. Some crafting, and other aspects, but it's a simplistic Pokemon for the most part. Not a terrible game for a mobile platform, but also not even close to the same level as the weakest entries on the main Pokemon franchise. Decent to play when you need something to keep you bust for a few minutes or whatever.

Just now, iPwn said:

That's basically what it is. Some crafting, and other aspects, but it's a simplistic Pokemon for the most part. Not a terrible game for a mobile platform, but also not even close to the same level as the weakest entries on the main Pokemon franchise. Decent to play when you need something to keep you bust for a few minutes or whatever.

I got through the first three or four levels before I got bored with it. And I couldn't find any wild Mortys that were even close to as strong as the one I started with. It felt like I had a great starter and a bunch of Rattatas.

2 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I got through the first three or four levels before I got bored with it. And I couldn't find any wild Mortys that were even close to as strong as the one I started with. It felt like I had a great starter and a bunch of Rattatas.

You have to join same Mortys together to make them evolve. I think most everything you catch is a first evo. And the tickets can be used at the Blips and Chitz stands to get random Mortys, including fully evolved ones.

1 minute ago, iPwn said:

You have to join same Mortys together to make them evolve. And the tickets can be used at the Blips and Chitz stands to get random Mortys, including fully evolved ones.

Evolving them sounds vaguely familiar. And I remember getting the random Mortys. Like I said, I didn't play it very long. 

I wasn't expecting it from the beginning of the episode, but wow did this show take a big emotional step forward this episode with the therapy plot line.  It brought surprising balance to an episode that was already hilarious with all of Pickle Rick's transformations and adventures.

tenor.gif

On 8/11/2017 at 9:11 AM, eagles26 said:

I wasn't expecting it from the beginning of the episode, but wow did this show take a big emotional step forward this episode with the therapy plot line.  It brought surprising balance to an episode that was already hilarious with all of Pickle Rick's transformations and adventures.

tenor.gif

Wife and I were surprised to hear Susan Sarandon as the voice of Dr. Wong. They're getting some well known names to play some roles now...

Edit: Danny Trejo as Jaguar, too.

Vindicators 3 started as a knock on these superhero team ups, but turns into a pretty deep accounting of dealing with a loved one who has some kind of dependency. Morty was able to navigate through everything, but he was dead to it all - like he's done this before and he's just going through the motions now.

Pretty sure we'll see more of SuperNova in a future episode.

Random sidenote - I'd love to see a Mass Effect Rick and Morty episode; Recruiting a squad to save the Galaxy from an unstoppable threat, then being faced with obvious "good/evil" choices, only to know none of the choices altered the outcome.  

Archived