GDT Week 1: Giants @ Cowboys - The Return of the Zeke?

Texas_OutLaw7

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

This was a great win. Dak missed on some throws, but we played really well top to bottom. 

I think he missed a couple or a few. But mostly I think he was just playing cautious like he always does, just play it smart. And against the Giants, that is the smart thing to do. He isn't exactly Aaron Rodgers.......yet. :D

Excellent way to start out the year.  Lost both games to that team by a combined 4 points and went out and beat them by 16 tonight.  Convincing win over a solid team and a rival.

Defense controlled the play from the beginning.  D-line was able to get pressure on Eli and make him uncomfortable.  Lawrence was giving Bobby Hart trouble.  DBs looked good.  Nice to see Jaylon out there.  Was not even supposed to be getting this many snaps at this stage (then Hitchens' injury happened).  Lee stood out as usual.

Offensively, we moved the ball well.  Dak settled in nicely after starting out a little spotty.  Zeke had almost the same statline as our second game last year.  About 4.5 YPC on 24 carries.  And Witten broke a franchise record tonight.  Legend.

One thing that wasn't great tonight was the execution at the end of drives.  We will need to convert those kind of drives into TDs more often.  I chalk some of that up to playing a great defense and playing the first game of the year.  I expect that this area will improve in future games.

Just now, roysmyboy31 said:

One thing that wasn't great tonight was the execution at the end of drives.  We will need to convert those kind of drives into TDs more often.  I chalk some of that up to playing a great defense and playing the first game of the year.  I expect that this area will improve in future games.

That just seems to be an issue almost every time we play the Giants. Don't know what it is...but usually we would have had some kind of game-changing turnover or the defense would give up a big play that would give them the win. Didn't happen this time.

9 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I think he missed a couple or a few. But mostly I think he was just playing cautious like he always does, just play it smart. And against the Giants, that is the smart thing to do. He isn't exactly Aaron Rodgers.......yet. :D

He was clearly playing cautious, and that's to be expected. He plays conservatively to begin with, he's only in his second season, and it's the beginning of the season where few teams really play well to start off.

But he'll never be Aaron Rodgers.

Archived