GDT Week 1: Giants @ Cowboys - The Return of the Zeke?

Texas_OutLaw7

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

He was clearly playing cautious, and that's to be expected. He plays conservatively to begin with, he's only in his second season, and it's the beginning of the season where few teams really play well to start off.

But he'll never be Aaron Rodgers.

You're probably right. Rodgers is most likely gonna have posters of Dak in his bedroom by the end of the season and wearing his PJ's. :D

I got home late and missed a bit of the game. Though I did see pretty much all from the 2qt on. Here were my take aways:

Dak was not as accurate as he has been in the past. But he was the most accurate he has ever been against the Giants. Dak is for real, this isnt going away.

I said 100 times that our defense is untested, but they are young and fast and dont know they are supposed to suck. It appears that was true. They made so many rally plays it was unreal. 

Jaylon is going to be really good if he can diagnose quicker. He is second guessing himself too much - his first step is almost always wrong. He makes up for it with speed, but if his mental game catches up to his physical game, watch out. 

Zeke might be a total jackarse off the field. But the man sees the field so well. He cuts into traffic because he see the angles. The spins to keep hands off get him another yard or two often. He is really incredible. 

What was the nick name for Chidobe? I thought there was one. He was sneaky good tonight. He actually covered the #1 read several times and did well. It was promising. 

6 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

@Matts4313

I think some of Jaylon's issues tonight were just from not quite trusting his leg completely. As the season goes on, that should hopefully subside.

Awuzie's nickname is Cheeto ;) 

Thats right...

As for Jaylon, it was the false steps that throw him off. At one time he misdiagnosed a runplay, taking like 3 steps forward and once he realized his mistake, he turned completely around to bail into his zone. Luckily the ball didnt go to his zone. My point isnt to insult him, just stating that if he can build up the mental side he will be very, very good.

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats right...

As for Jaylon, it was the false steps that throw him off. At one time he misdiagnosed a runplay, taking like 3 steps forward and once he realized his mistake, he turned completely around to bail into his zone. Luckily the ball didnt go to his zone. My point isnt to insult him, just stating that if he can build up the mental side he will be very, very good.

Definitely. He is essentially a rookie, so I'd imagine with extended playing time that mental side of things will come. He does have a heck of a teacher to learn from in Lee, so that should help.

7 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Most of his off throws came near end of first half when he fixated on Dez and the 4th qtr when he had a number of high throws and one real wide one to Beasley which might have been miscommunication as Beasley pulled up and Dak could have thought he was gonna slide more inside.  Other then passes to Witten in second half I don't think he connected with very many moving targets down field 

9 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I got home late and missed a bit of the game. Though I did see pretty much all from the 2qt on. Here were my take aways:

Dak was not as accurate as he has been in the past. But he was the most accurate he has ever been against the Giants. Dak is for real, this isnt going away.

I said 100 times that our defense is untested, but they are young and fast and dont know they are supposed to suck. It appears that was true. They made so many rally plays it was unreal. 

Jaylon is going to be really good if he can diagnose quicker. He is second guessing himself too much - his first step is almost always wrong. He makes up for it with speed, but if his mental game catches up to his physical game, watch out. 

Zeke might be a total jackarse off the field. But the man sees the field so well. He cuts into traffic because he see the angles. The spins to keep hands off get him another yard or two often. He is really incredible. 

What was the nick name for Chidobe? I thought there was one. He was sneaky good tonight. He actually covered the #1 read several times and did well. It was promising. 

Can't remember the specific time of the drive but it was one where he had multiple 9-10 yard runs in a row. One of them he was going up the right side of the field near the sideline and then cut upfield where two Giants were, and he was sort of off-balance and still bowled over them for 5-6 extra yards. I don't know why (it was like a 10 yard gain) but that was one of the more impressive runs I've seen from a back. Zeke is a generational type RB.

Archived