GDT Week 1: Giants @ Cowboys - The Return of the Zeke?

Texas_OutLaw7

20 hours ago, Jlash said:

Anthony Brown was fantastic last year?

He was a 6th round rookie who essentially started all season at multiple positions between Claiborne and Scandrick's injuries. He finished 4th on the defense in snaps played behind Carr, Jones, and Lee without being an obvious liability. And apparently, this was a thing:

DBKFcOFXkAEcLFJ.jpg

I'm not saying he's a future All-Pro CB- Dallas has been playing him as the 3rd corner behind Scandrick and Carroll for some reason, so there must be some concerns- but I think he's much closer to a Scandrick-level player than an Alan Ball-level one. It's certainly possible teams find some things on tape and pick on him throughout the year; he didn't look great in preseason. But within the contexts of his draft slot, usage across multiple spots, and the inconsistency of Dallas' pass rush, "fantastic" isn't much of an exaggeration of how he played last year.

To me this is the most important stat of the game: 9 of the last 10 Cowboys-Giants games have been decided by 7 points or less. And the one game that wasn't (2014 Week 7) was decided by 10 points.

I think anyone expecting a blowout is frankly nuts. This game is much more likely to come down to the final possession.

7 hours ago, matt79511 said:

To me this is the most important stat of the game: 9 of the last 10 Cowboys-Giants games have been decided by 7 points or less. And the one game that wasn't (2014 Week 7) was decided by 10 points.

I think anyone expecting a blowout is frankly nuts. This game is much more likely to come down to the final possession.

screw your facts.

Cowboys 37-10.

Archived