Jaguars LB Telvin Smith not to play 2019 season

RaidersAreOne

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I can understand if you have addiction or mental health problems.  Those have to be dealt with.  

Otherwise if you aren't going to play football fine, but you still need to go find work.   Don't be that guy that goes bankrupt and goes back to doing nothing.

Unfortunately, many people with mental health issues have HORRIBLE insight which leads to even more poor decisions. I hope he gets well

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 9:08 AM, TheVillain112 said:

Perfectly fine with Telvin Smith walking away for a bit to get right, but he should communicate it properly to the team (Which this statement seems to appear is not happening).  Jags did sign him to a solid contract, and while Telvin Smith has a right to take a break from a physically demanding sport, this seems like the equivalent of breaking up over a text message. 

I hope I'm wrong, because I've been a big fan of Telvin Smith on the field, and I thought he was one of the most underrated LBs in the entire NFL before his contract extension...

They may not have known the extent of everything, but they knew he was considering sitting out. I know someone who is close friends with a member of the team’s staff, and he knew. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 8:05 PM, SteelKing728 said:

I wonder if he comes back in 2020 if Jacksonville would want him back. He is a great player.

Not at 12 million a year

Just so we are clear:  his play declined last year and we need money to keep our star edge yannick ngakoue and star cn jalen ramsey and we still need to figure out Myles jack and to resign or not.  A wlb is probably the most replaceable position.

Edited by LinderFournette
  • Like 1