Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Seahawks release WR Doug Baldwin, S Kam Chancellor (failed physicals)

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Doug was never an elite wr. What the hell are you talking about? You keep saying that but its not even close to being truth.

He never said he was an elite receiver. Just that he was arguably the best route runner and had one of the best releases in the game. He was certainly towards the top with both of those things but I dont think he was ever the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Doug was never an elite wr. What the hell are you talking about? You keep saying that but its not even close to being truth.

He never said that. He said that he was elite at route running. Which is true. 

I mean look at when he killed your db xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

He never said that. He said that he was elite at route running. Which is true. 

I mean look at when he killed your db xD

 

He beat Troy Hill what a great accomplishment 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

He never said he was an elite receiver. Just that he was arguably the best route runner and had one of the best releases in the game. He was certainly towards the top with both of those things but I dont think he was ever the best. 

It’s whack because the way he talks about Doug Baldwin you would think he was a 1500 yard receiver every season.. Dude barely broke 1k in one season and his best season he had 1128.. 

 

Like if he was Santana Moss route running god or something. Dude avg 820 Yards per season in his career bro!!!! 

 

 

Weve played against Baldwin and he never ever impressed me. It was always Lockett or Paul Richardson who would wreck us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These guys, they gave all they had for Seattle.  It's sad that this is how their career is coming to an end but wish them the best in whatever they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, El ramster said:

It’s whack because the way he talks about Doug Baldwin you would think he was a 1500 yard receiver every season.. Dude barely broke 1k in one season and his best season he had 1128.. 

 

Like if he was Santana Moss route running god or something. Dude avg 820 Yards per season in his career bro!!!! 

 

 

Weve played against Baldwin and he never ever impressed me. It was always Lockett or Paul Richardson who would wreck us. 

Probably because, unlike you, your team knew he was our best pass catching option and slid the coverage to make sure Baldwin didnt beat you. They made the 1st or 2nd year guys do it. 

 

No need to pretend like you watch Seattle play 16 games a year. You watch them twice when they play the Rams. Baldwin was a top 5 slot guy for years here. Its not like Seattle was known for their crazy passing numbers. For the opportunities he got he made them count.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Doug was never an elite wr. What the hell are you talking about? You keep saying that but its not even close to being truth.

Read my post again. Here, I'll help you :)

Quote

Each of those guys were arguably the best in the NFL at something (Kam with being a box safety and a big hitter, and Doug with his routes and release).

Being among the best at one particular thing doesn't necessarily mean you're an elite WR as a whole. Doug never had the production to be in that category.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't watched much of Doug Baldwin, but I admired him and his game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThirtyOne-EightyNine said:

Probably because, unlike you, your team knew he was our best pass catching option and slid the coverage to make sure Baldwin didnt beat you. They made the 1st or 2nd year guys do it. 

 

No need to pretend like you watch Seattle play 16 games a year. You watch them twice when they play the Rams. Baldwin was a top 5 slot guy for years here. Its not like Seattle was known for their crazy passing numbers. For the opportunities he got he made them count.

820 Yards per his career does not equal elite ever. In that case Kupp is headed to the HOF.

 

 

We never even had elite CB’s ever to say we shut him down. Our secondary and defense were always middle of the pack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Read my post again. Here, I'll help you :)

Being among the best at one particular thing doesn't necessarily mean you're an elite WR as a whole. Doug never had the production to be in that category.

That’s a cop out that holds no weight. 

Edited by El ramster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, El ramster said:

That’s a cop out that holds no weight. 

Look at it this way ram.

the way you think he views Baldwin is pretty similar to the way everyone thinks you view Goff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

Look at it this way ram.

the way you think he views Baldwin is pretty similar to the way everyone thinks you view Goff

Goff has put together 2 phenomenal seasons and is a top 10 QB. Baldwin has never put together 2 great seasons and has never been a top 10 wr ever. And unlike Baldwin to the rams. Goff shreds the shehawks. 

 

I view Baldwin in the Amendola tier WRs. Solid but never special or elite traits. 

 

But Kam tough oooofff my respect dude was a savage and well deserved. Dude was an elite inside the box safety who laid the wood. That dude was a pleasure to watch. One of my favs player ever to watch inside the division. 

Edited by El ramster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El ramster said:

I view Baldwin in the Amendola tier WRs. Solid but never special or elite traits. 

And yet, it's very possible to be one of the best route runners in the league without being an elite WR with elite production The two do not have to be mutually inclusive.

Baldwin was a very good receiver. I put him in the 2nd tier of WR's right below the elite. Was he someone that made DC's lay awake at night? Probably not. Did he cause DBs to worry a little and DB coaches to have to warn their players about him? Yeah.

Amendola? LOL. He's in the 3rd tier. No way you can compare their production and tell anyone that they are in the same tier.

 

As for Goff? Yeah, he's been pretty good since McVay came. Sean is the QB whisperer. He made Kirk a lot better when he was in DC. So yeah, good to see Goff live up to his potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, El ramster said:

Baldwin has never put together 2 great seasons and has never

Pretty sure that the following counts, arguably, as great:

2015 - 78recs, 1,069yds, 14TDs

2016 - 94recs, 1,128yds, 7TDs

2017 - 75recs, 991yds, 8TDs

Even with his health declining, the guy still basically posted a 1K season and 8TDs. And then he STILL went out in 2018 (with all his injuries) and did more than Amendola could do except his best year (when Danny got about 60 more yards or so in 3 more games).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Pretty sure that the following counts, arguably, as great:

2015 - 78recs, 1,069yds, 14TDs

2016 - 94recs, 1,128yds, 7TDs

2017 - 75recs, 991yds, 8TDs

Even with his health declining, the guy still basically posted a 1K season and 8TDs. And then he STILL went out in 2018 (with all his injuries) and did more than Amendola could do except his best year.

You think that’s great? Woods has posted a similar season and yet no one thinks highly of him. And I’ll argue that he’s a better route runner and a more violent runner. but I wouldn’t call Woods elite in any way shape or form.

And don’t give me that we’re a passing team. We run the ball a lot.. Like a lot as well.. 

Like I said Baldwin is solid as hell.. Hmmm I don’t think so. 

 

 

And ill hardly call those numbers great in any modern era.

Edited by El ramster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×