Jaguars release LBs Blair Brown and Donald Payne

2 hours ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Ahhh.  That explains the Payne cut.  Though i would've figured they'd keep Blair around over Payne anyway, even without the injury.  So i'd imagine they were angling to cut both anyway.

15 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Ahhh.  That explains the Payne cut.  Though i would've figured they'd keep Blair around over Payne anyway, even without the injury.  So i'd imagine they were angling to cut both anyway.

i think payne was more well-rounded then blair tbh plus special teams LOL

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

i think payne was more well-rounded then blair tbh plus special teams LOL

Ehhh...idk if "well rounded" is really what they need right now though.  So much as probably a starting WLB, where Blair seemed to have the leg up.

But either way...seems like they want to completely turn over almost all of the LBer corps this year outside of Myles...which is...ambitious.

5 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Ehhh...idk if "well rounded" is really what they need right now though.  So much as probably a starting WLB, where Blair seemed to have the leg up.

But either way...seems like they want to completely turn over almost all of the LBer corps this year outside of Myles...which is...ambitious.

brown wasnt good in coverage and was more of a run stopper then anything while payne wasnt great at 1 particular thing he was good at the all-around game of run defense, and coverage.  im hoping payne comes back when hes healthy cuz he played ball where i was born plus he played at my dads alma mater.