Dolphins sign CB Xavien Howard to record deal

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, Ajayii said:

Thumbs down? If Rosen is in fact the QB going forward, this is probably the best move made in the offseason. We will only have big money tied to X and Tunsil for the next 2-3 years.

Howard is crazy good, I just feel nervous about a rebuilding team with 'NFL's highest paid' at two different DB positions. 

8 hours ago, El ramster said:

This is his last year deal right? If so I’ll like to see the numbers my self. I just doubt he repeats his performance imo. 

Not sure what argument is there for him to not perform. Kris Richard is not going anywhere for the 2019-20 season.

Jones has always been a good player, we just haven't used him properly until Richard came.

12 hours ago, Danger said:

.....who?

He was probably the best CB in the NFL last year.

I like Howard a lot, but even though you pay for future production with a contract, I'd like to see more consistent past production before I hand out a contract like this to a player. Hopefully the injury he suffered late last year doesn't affect him and he continues to be one of the top corners in the league. He was really great last year.

59 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

I really don't see the issue with the contract tbh.  I think people are overreacting to "Biggest contract for a CB ever", which will be like the 10th highest contract for a CB in no time.  QBs are now in the $30M APY range, Pass Rushers are $20M+, and WRs are even in the $15M range.  So what's wrong with CBs getting $15M APY?

• Like 4

I honestly don't know the last time paying a Corner big time money actually was worth it. It seems like only bad to middling teams do this.

Jets with Revis
Redskins with Norman
Cardinals with Peterson

You could say the Texans with Bouye but... they got bounced in the first round. I wonder if perhaps they could have used that money elsewhere. Houston was bottom 5 in passing yardage, and average in every other defensive passing stat. All this despite having both Watt and Clowney. 

It just doesn't seem like it's a formula for winning. 

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

I honestly don't know the last time paying a Corner big time money actually was worth it. It seems like only bad to middling teams do this.

Jets with Revis
Redskins with Norman
Cardinals with Peterson

You could say the Texans with Bouye but... they got bounced in the first round. I wonder if perhaps they could have used that money elsewhere. Houston was bottom 5 in passing yardage, and average in every other defensive passing stat. All this despite having both Watt and Clowney. 

It just doesn't seem like it's a formula for winning. 

Gilmore with the Pats?

• Like 1