rank the roster: 2019 edition (#7) | Go to run-off thread

FinneasGage

Going by the eye test from last year from both these players I think Zad is better, certainly Zad's position helps a bit as well. The next 4 spots could be interchangeable if you ask me with Martinez, Linsley, Jones, Amos. I'm interested in seeing where we put Preston smith. Is he better than Daniels?

Za'Darius here would ruin the entire list. 

I don't necessarily agree with Bulaga at #6, but at least you can make a legitimate argument for the guy. 

If Za'Darius truly ends up as the 7th most talented player on this roster that means a number of players have regressed and we don't win 8 games this season. Just saying. 

To put him ahead of King, Linsley, Amos, and even Martinez, Daniels and Jones would be questionable. 

Heck, if we're basing this on what they've done in their NFL careers then Preston > Za'Darius.

9 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Za'Darius here would ruin the entire list. 

I don't necessarily agree with Bulaga at #6, but at least you can make a legitimate argument for the guy. 

If Za'Darius truly ends up as the 7th most talented player on this roster that means a number of players have regressed and we don't win 8 games this season. Just saying. 

To put him ahead of King, Linsley, Amos, and even Martinez, Daniels and Jones would be questionable. 

Heck, if we're basing this on what they've done in their NFL careers then Preston > Za'Darius.

Why does that mean they regressed? It's not like Zad is a tier above them. Personally I would put Jones next, but again I think all these guys are close in talent. You can tell by the close votes in this one compared to the others.

25 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Why does that mean they regressed? It's not like Zad is a tier above them. Personally I would put Jones next, but again I think all these guys are close in talent. You can tell by the close votes in this one compared to the others.

Of course he's not in the tier above them, because he's in the tier below them. 

If Z. Smith is truly the seventh most talented player on this roster, we're not a playoff team. 

He should be no higher than 10 on this list, and probably lower than that if we're being honest. 

Just now, FinneasGage said:

should i start a new thread? with just linsley, ZAD, amos, aaron jones & martinez 

i don't wanna clog the forum

Go for it. 

It won't clog the forum.

If others want to talk about other topics  they'll post in those threads. 

45 minutes ago, Cadmus said:

Of course he's not in the tier above them, because he's in the tier below them. 

If Z. Smith is truly the seventh most talented player on this roster, we're not a playoff team. 

He should be no higher than 10 on this list, and probably lower than that if we're being honest. 

You're acting like we're putting JK. Scott here. Putting any of the guys you've listed isn't gonna make us a playoff team any more than Zad wouldn't.

Convince me Martinez/Linsley/Amos/Daniels/King are that much better than him, I don't see much disparity in their talent.

Edited by Gopackgonerd