49ers Cut thread, scrap signings, final 53 discussion

Forge

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

So for now Pita and Lynch make the team. 

Colbert makes the team as well. So five safeties and five CBs. 

If we end up picking up another CB I'm hoping we just let Reaser go as opposed to trying to our Colbert on the PS. Colbert is going to be a force on STs.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So for now Pita and Lynch make the team. 

Colbert makes the team as well. So five safeties and five CBs. 

I like the move. Colbert is a hybrid and a ST'er.  Not sure how well he'll hold up at either spot if he's actually thrown into a game. 

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

If we end up picking up another CB I'm hoping we just let Reaser go as opposed to trying to our Colbert on the PS. Colbert is going to be a force on STs.

I think the two guys on the Roster who are at risk of losing jobs are Beadles (Greco) and Reaser (Desir). 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

I'd like to make plays at Greco, Desir, Harlan Miller (like I said, guy I liked in the draft), but there's not a whole lot I'm in love with out there. 

Oh, I am going to add McNichols to this list. I was a fan predraft and I thought his running style was a very good fit for this scheme. As a former receiver, he's going to be good out of the backfield. He could be a very serviceable third down back for us. We can work around the pass protection issues, and the Bucs fan do think he's a talented rusher who should get claimed. 

1 minute ago, jwalter_81 said:

Our whole rookie class has made it, at least initially. Impressive first draft for the fellas! ??

Ehh.....like I said, Cleveland did the same thing last year. Could be good, could just mean we wanted to turn over the roster as much as possible with the new regime's own players. 

1 minute ago, John232 said:

I think the two guys on the Roster who are at risk of losing jobs are Beadles (Greco) and Reaser (Desir). 

I think Desir has to pass through waivers, doesn't he? If so, we have a great shot at getting him since we are #2 on that list and Cleveland has already dumped him once lol. Greco is a true FA though, so he'd have to willingly sign here, which as J suggested before, maybe have a slim chance of happening. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope, Hard Knocks showed me more than enough. He is a bust!!!!!

Greco and Desir and two guys I really hope we go after. If we decide to go after another DL, then I would like to take a shot at DeShawn Williams.

His issues on hard knocks were pass protection related though, no? Mainly missed assignments? 

Archived