49ers Cut thread, scrap signings, final 53 discussion

Forge

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

John Theus claimed by the Panthers.

Actually not mad at that if it means Williams gets to stay on the PS.

The Panthers, having just witnessed first hand the mighty strength of our offensive line, claimed the guy who couldn't even make the gameday roster. Cool. 

16 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Reaser has been waived and Asa Jackson been promoted from the PS. No big news there, somewhat expectable that Reaser won't be here much longer. Frees up a spot on the PS.

In doing this, the team doesn't guarantee Asa Jackson's contract for the year. He can be released at any time. Reaser's was already by virtue of being a former draft pick. This was how I expected the roster battle to work out, so it's little surprise. 

37 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

The only surprise to me in all this is that we didn't pick up a CB from the cut list.  DOn't think were any great ones there, but probably better than a guy we were pretty ready to waive.

Yea not sure why we even kept Reaser as long as we did, but I like that Asa still was able to hang around. He got better as preseason went on and has that attitude that is pretty important for the position he's playing. Not just a nickel guy either 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Rams just realeased Maurice Alexander. He played really well last year and was the starter@SS for them the first 4 games this year. Dont know what happened there but it wouldnt hurt to put a claim in. 

I thought I read he was playing so badly he earned himself a spot on the bench. I've never really noticed him myself so I can't speak on it but I do think I read that with his release.

Archived