49ers Cut thread, scrap signings, final 53 discussion

Forge

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

I would have loved that second rounder.

For sure. 16 million for a second round pick, no dead money after this year in which we have amazing cap flexibility and the season is otherwise pretty much a loss? We should have done it. Especially since I'm not convinced that the Texans are a playoff team with Tom Savage or Watson as the starting quarterback...they could easily end up 6-10 or 7-9 and make that a pretty decent selection (also, they are hurting....Cleveland has their first and second pick next year...Watson better be legit)

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Eagles cut Tyler Orlosky. I know that he had a lot of supporters at Center in this forum. 

Was just gonna post this @Forge. Bring him on, kick Magnuson to PS I'm good. 

Also John Greco was cut from the Browns, not a bad starter for them but since they added Ziegler and resigned Bitonio he was left out of a job. I would think he would easily be an upgrade over Beadles and Fusco.

1 minute ago, Fureys49ers said:

Was just gonna post this @Forge. Bring him on, kick Magnuson to PS I'm good. 

Also John Greco was cut from the Browns, not a bad starter for them but since they added Ziegler and resigned Bitonio he was left out of a job. I would think he would easily be an upgrade over Beadles and Fusco.

I saw him too. I think that could be a solid pick up for us. 

Archived