49ers Cut thread, scrap signings, final 53 discussion

Forge

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why can't we? Also have Juice check. That's four backs. 

We couldn't really consider juice a viable true rb though, could we? Thats like the one thing he doesn't really do

Would not be surprised if Joe Williams never plays a down for us to be honest. He wasn't really remarkable in the preseason other than some brief flashes. Was beat out by Breida. Wasn't on the big board to begin with. Had fumbling problems before and kept them in the NFL. 

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Would not be surprised if Joe Williams never plays a down for us to be honest. He wasn't really remarkable in the preseason other than some brief flashes. Was beat out by Breida. Wasn't on the big board to begin with. Had fumbling problems before and kept them in the NFL. 

I would agree with this. The fumbling issue makes it very difficult as well. I thought i saw a beat writer wonder id we had the guts to admit an error on that selection

Just now, y2lamanaki said:

Thought he ran the ball very well last game. Natural runner. But he has too many lapses and was involved in three fumbles in preseason which is hilariously bad.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Thought he ran the ball very well last game. Natural runner. But he has too many lapses and was involved in three fumbles in preseason which is hilariously bad.

Also Doesn't catch the ball particularly well, nor is he considered decent in pass protection

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

He came into camp out of shape too if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure where he's at mentally, but we'll see what happens when he comes back from this year off of football. Maybe it is what he needs. I wouldn't have drafted him after he quit on his team personally. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We couldn't really consider juice a viable true rb though, could we? Thats like the one thing he doesn't really do

I mean he counts as a guy in the backfield. How many teams carry five backs (inc FB)? Again, not opposed to getting a RB but not sure it is a must. Hyde/Breida will be getting all the touches for now anyways.

Just now, Forge said:

I would agree with this. The fumbling issue makes it very difficult as well. I thought i saw a beat writer wonder id we had the guts to admit an error on that selection

Now's the best time to do that. When they're still early in their 6-year contracts and have nothing to worry about. 

Archived