What is your opinion on Lamar Jackson and the Ravens offense?

Kiwibrown

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hmm well I'll either blamer my eyesight or the fact I saw Jackson was #1 so there was no way Mayfield was on the list. Mayfield was rated as the #2 deep passer in all of the NFL so there is now way these numbers are close to accurate. I'm guessing someone was drunk when they made that garbage up. No intelligent fan in the world would comprise or believe a chart that shows Jackson as more accurate than Mayfield.

You realize there's a difference between passer rating and completion percentage, correct?

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hmm well I'll either blamer my eyesight or the fact I saw Jackson was #1 so there was no way Mayfield was on the list. Mayfield was rated as the #2 deep passer in all of the NFL so there is now way these numbers are close to accurate. I'm guessing someone was drunk when they made that garbage up. No intelligent fan in the world would comprise or believe a chart that shows Jackson as more accurate than Mayfield.

Just leave this clown show alone. I'm pretty sure not even Ravens fans respect him. Sure @Ray Reed. We all know Lamar Jackson is the most accurate QB out of all of the rookies. He's going to be a better version of Drew Brees.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Just leave this clown show alone. I'm pretty sure not even Ravens fans respect him. Sure @Ray Reed. We all know Lamar Jackson is the most accurate QB out of all of the rookies. He's going to be a better version of Drew Brees.

Lmao @ you deriving self worth from the "respect" you get on an internet forum 

And ok! sounds good!

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

You realize there's a difference between passer rating and completion percentage, correct?

You realize 63.8 is greater than 58.2, correct?

The 2018 QBs through the lens of depth-adjusted completion percentage

Last year’s rookie class struggled mightily outside of Baker Mayfield and (surprisingly) Nick Mullens. If we reduced our threshold for Mullens, he would have ranked ninth-best of 36 qualifying quarterbacks, while Sam Darnold (33rd), Josh Rosen (34th), Josh Allen (35th), and Lamar Jackson (36th) would have ranked bottom-four.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-the-2018-qbs-through-the-lens-of-depth-adjusted-completion-percentage

Bottom line, Jackson has accuracy issues. Every metric minus the one that has to be made up that you posted shows that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

Oh I know, sometimes I like to see where people will go with things even if I know they don't believe what they are saying.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Lmao @ you deriving self worth from the "respect" you get on an internet forum 

And ok! sounds good!

I don’t care if someone doesn’t like my opinion. I would maybe do some self-reflecting if everyone thought I was a joke though. The majority is usually right. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

I don’t care if someone doesn’t like my opinion. I would maybe do some self-reflecting if everyone thought I was a joke though. The majority is usually right. 

"if everyone thought i was a joke" lol again - you don't know these people dude. this is the internet. the fact that you judge others' and your own merit/worth based off of what they write on a football website is wild 🤣

ill be sure to like all your posts in the future though, probably gives you a nice bump in self esteem 🤓

23 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

"if everyone thought i was a joke" lol again - you don't know these people dude. this is the internet. the fact that you judge others' and your own merit/worth based off of what they write on a football website is wild 🤣

ill be sure to like all your posts in the future though, probably gives you a nice bump in self esteem 🤓

Yeah this is the only place I derive my happiness from. I have no friends. Similarly, Baltimore has no QB. 

• Like 1

Lamar Jackson faced the equivalent of Division 2 defenses last year (and the Chargers)

He will face real defenses this year so the jury is out.

If you look at what Brady did to the Chargers D in the playoffs and what that D did to Lamar Jackson it shows you how far he has to go.

This does not mean he can't become a good NFL player. It just means there is no evidence yet that he will be.

He will also get destroyed consistently running a wishbone style offense in the pros.

• It has never worked and will never work because these large men will break your QB on purpose when you give them 250+ shots to do so.
    • Deshaun Watson learned that real fast trying to get an extra yard near the goal line last year.
      • He was taking the bus to the next game because he could not fly with the rib damage.
Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Lamar Jackson faced the equivalent of Division 2 defenses last year (and the Chargers)

He will face real defenses this year so the jury is out.

Not even that but he played only 2 divisional games, Cleveland once and cincy once. I want to see how he plays when he starts facing opposing defenses more than once. By the 2nd half vs the Browns they finally made adjustments to stop the offense but too bad they did all their damage in the first half. How does he fair when the browns could utilize that new adjusted scheme to say the 2nd game. We saw how poorly Jackson played facing the Chargers the 2nd time. It will be interesting to see him face the Steelers and face the divisional teams the 2nd time around

Also crazy that Jackson’s throwing accuracy is coming up. Last year the dude only attempted 14 passes of 21yards or more. (48% completed)

Darnold attempted 48x (21% completed)

Rosen attempted 41x (26% completed) 

Allen attempted 50x (26% completed) 

Baker attempted 51x (47% completed)

Ravens only allowed him go deep or truly throw it when the pass was there. Making the easy passes doesn’t make you a great QB or a great passer