Predict the Week 1 Roster

sp6488

33 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I have to believe we're going to add a starting DE to the roster. We CANNOT go into the season relying on Wormley and Henry as our DE's with little to no depth there. We might actually have the worst DE group in the NFL at this point.

Our DEs are like most team's DEs though. I think they can be a fine replacement for Urban.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Urban, who wasn't even a really good player in his own right. Our DE's right now are really bad.

I'd consider our OLBs to more of a "traditional" DE than the guys you listed tbh.

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Our DE's in a 3-4 system. They're not good. Wormley / Henry / Seiler / Ricard is probably the worst unit in the NFL and it's not close.

wormley is solid at worst and henry flashed more than a lot of the players you tout like Bowser before his injury last year...i think you haven't looked around at most NFL rosters if you think they're by far the worst...

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

wormley is solid at worst and henry flashed more than a lot of the players you tout like Bowser before his injury last year...i think you haven't looked around at most NFL rosters if you think they're by far the worst...

Which rosters do you think have worse 3-4 DE's than us?

36 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Which rosters do you think have worse 3-4 DE's than us?

Williams and Pierce start, then there's like Henry or probably Wormley on the other side. Seiler, Mack, and Willis being the depth that doesn't see any real snaps unless an injury occurs. And even then those guys are at least talents that we actually want to see what they can do on the field. The Ravens are fine at all spots along the DL, you're overthinking it by a lot. 

3 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Williams and Pierce start, then there's like Henry or probably Wormley on the other side. Seiler, Mack, and Willis being the depth that doesn't see any real snaps unless an injury occurs. And even then those guys are at least talents that we actually want to see what they can do on the field. The Ravens are fine at all spots along the DL, you're overthinking it by a lot. 

Williams and Pierce are both NT's. Beyond them, the rest are garbage or completely unproven.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Williams and Pierce are both NT's. Beyond them, the rest are garbage or completely unproven.

Yet they still both start. That's 2 out of 3 spots if you're counting.  Henry was not garbage in the season prior to the one he lost by getting hurt. Wormley is a fine rotational piece. There isn't a "garbage" player anywhere along the DL. The team is good here, I don't know what you want. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

Yet they still both start. That's 2 out of 3 spots if you're counting.  Henry was not garbage in the season prior to the one he lost by getting hurt. Wormley is a fine rotational piece. There isn't a "garbage" player anywhere along the DL. The team is good here, I don't know what you want. 

My point is that we're not actually good here. At all.

Its silly to compare Raven  DEs to the rest of the league because most other teams play 4-3 and play 2 DEs at the same time.  

Wormley was good in his role last year, and going into his 3rd year I don't see why he wouldn't keep improving. So our starting DE is fine. 

Then we got Henry, Sieler, and Willis competing for snaps. They are unproven but talented, and I trust the Ravens staff to get these guys ready to play. For the Ravens, DL is not like WR, the coaches usually will maximize the talents of DL players. 

I dont understand how you can say Henry sucks when you see his stats in limited time. Imagine if he gets to start all 16 and stays healthy, he had 3 sacks in his only semi healthy season. He's not a world beater pash rusher but to say we have the worst defensive end group is saying something wrong about our coaches. Wink made the same group look studly compared to Pees, you have to imagine another full offseason to gel with the system will only prove more effective and we should see our boys step up. Besides what another poster said, we usually only have one de on the field, its not wrong to stack our depth chart against a 4 3 team and say they have a better pool of talent at a position which requires more starting caliber talent. WR is another story though my friends.