Predict the Week 1 Roster

sp6488

9 hours ago, Danand said:

Cardale Jones has been atrocious from what I have read whenever the Bills had to rely on him. While it might be a reaction from pessimistic Bills fans, it seems like he is just big and has a great arm, and that is what he got going.

I think we are more than good. RGIII is an obvious backup due to his ability to run. McSorley is the emergency backup. I think we got the bodies with the right abilities so we don't have to bring in anyone new.

The caveat is that Cardale Jones only started 11 games at QB in college. So his developmental curve is behind most other QBs. But his physical tools are enormous. If he has indeed improved his QB abilities over the past 3 years, he could really thrive in a Lamar Jackson offense. 

Also, Jones only threw 11 passes for the Bills in 2016 before being with the Chargers for 2017-18. So I'm not sure if Bills fans are up to date on his development. 

1 hour ago, AngusMcFife said:

The caveat is that Cardale Jones only started 11 games at QB in college. So his developmental curve is behind most other QBs. But his physical tools are enormous. If he has indeed improved his QB abilities over the past 3 years, he could really thrive in a Lamar Jackson offense. 

Also, Jones only threw 11 passes for the Bills in 2016 before being with the Chargers for 2017-18. So I'm not sure if Bills fans are up to date on his development. 

He was the classic "development" QB that never developed. I believe Bills fans have seen enough of him to know they didn't loose much when the traded him.

1 hour ago, Danand said:

He was the classic "development" QB that never developed. I believe Bills fans have seen enough of him to know they didn't loose much when the traded him.

But what if he has developed now? He was only with the Bills for 1 season, his rookie season, and he had 11 pass attempts. That's not really fair to give a developmental QB one season to develop and then dismiss the rest of his career. 

43 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

But what if he has developed now? He was only with the Bills for 1 season, his rookie season, and he had 11 pass attempts. That's not really fair to give a developmental QB one season to develop and then dismiss the rest of his career. 

I am not neglecting that he could have developed, I just haven't seen anything about him that proves otherwise. I also don't think he is a much better fit than McSorley is - at best I believe it is just an equal exchange of value at the position, where we would have to give something away to get him.

So these are all the bubble players?

- Trace McSorely - QB3: RG3's injury might force us to carry another option at the position. 

- Bozeman/Mekari/Senat- OL 8/9/10: We have 7 Locks in Stanley, Hurst, Skura, Yanda, Brown Jr, Eluemanor, and Powers.

- Jaleel Scott/Seth Roberts- WR 5/6:  I don't see us carrying 6, but we're in a tough spot. Roberts has pro experience, while Scott has looked like a new animal in 2019 and has a much higher ceiling. 

- Otaro Alaka- ILB4:  A major standout the team wants to keep.

- Iman Marshall(IR)/Tavon Young(IR)/Justin Bethel- CB6: Jones and Averett are locks behind the Big 3(Humphrey/Carr/Smith). That leaves one spot. If we want to designate one of Young or Marshall to return, then they need to be on the 53 to start the Regular Season.

Not on the bubble(imo)-  

Zach Sieler: Disappointing lack of consistent impact thus far in the 2019 Preseason games, but he has pushed Wormley for his starting spot in practice and he's the only other true 5 Tech option on the team. I don't see his spot on the 53 as being in jeopardy. 

Kenneth Dixon: Dixon isn't on the bubble, I think he's gone. Be it by trade or cut, it doesn't make sense to carry him.

I think the team could probably get a late round pick for one or both of Kenneth Dixon & Seth Roberts(If they choose Scott over him). If not, there's no way either is going to make it to our Practice Squad. Bethel has zero shot of making it either imo, too strong on STs. 

This is the PS they'll shoot for imo-(IR for Young and Marshall, Scott for WR5, 9 OL, Alaka & Bethel make the 53)

1. QB Trace McSorley

2. HB De'Lance Turner

3. WR Antoine Wesley

4. DI Gerald Willis III

5. TE Cole Herdman/TE Charles Scarff

6. S Bennett Jackson

7. T Greg Senat/ G/C Patrick Mekari / C/G Bradley Bozeman 

8. ILB Alvin Jones

9. EDGE Aaron Adeoye

10. CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste/CB Terrell Bonds/CB Maurice Canady 

*11. Christopher Ezeala (I don't know if we still have the International Player Exemption this year)

^^Too strong a group to not see some/a lot of our hopes crushed. Preseason dominance and positional desperation will bring the scavengers. 

Edited by DreamKid

I'm standing by my Darious Williams prediction too. If the Rams cut him, we'll try and get him. Honestly I could even see the FO tossing a 7th to the Rams for him. Depending on just how concerned EDC is over our SCB depth. 

The team likes Darious and he knows our system. We released him last year when Jimmy returned from his suspension. We still wanted to put him on our Practice Squad though. The Rams stole him off waivers, they were very high on him after our joint practices against them. He's a natural fit at Nickel. So him rejoining the roster makes a ton of sense.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I'm standing by my Darious Williams prediction too. If the Rams cut him, we'll try and get him. Honestly I could even see the FO tossing a 7th to the Rams for him. Depending on just how concerned EDC is over our SCB depth. 

The team likes Darious and he knows our system. We released him last year when Jimmy returned from his suspension. We still wanted to put him on our Practice Squad though. The Rams stole him off waivers, they were very high on him after our joint practices against them. He's a natural fit at Nickel. So him rejoining the roster makes a ton of sense.

I think we also have an abundance of late round picks, so it is worth the draft capital that late to bring in a player there.

• Like 1

QB: Lamar, RGIII, Trace (3)

RB: Ingram, Justice, Gus (3)

FB: Ricard (1)

TE: Andrews, Boyle, Hurst (3)

WR: Snead, Boykin, Brown, Moore, Roberts, Scott (6)

OL: Stanley, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Hurst, Bozeman, Powers, Mekari, Senat (9)

DL: Wormley, Williams, Pierce, Henry, Mack (5)

OLB: McPhee, Judon, Bowser, Williams, Ferguson (5)

LB: Onwuasor, Young, Board, Olaka (4)

S: Thomas, Jefferson, Levine, Clark, Elliot (5)

CB: Humphrey, Carr, Smith, Averett, Jones, Bethel (6)

Wolfpack

Tucker, Kock, Cox

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

QB: Lamar, RGIII, Trace (3)

RB: Ingram, Justice, Gus (3)

FB: Ricard (1)

TE: Andrews, Boyle, Hurst (3)

WR: Snead, Boykin, Brown, Moore, Roberts, Scott (6)

OL: Stanley, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Hurst, Bozeman, Powers, Mekari, Senat (9)

DL: Wormley, Williams, Pierce, Henry, Mack (5)

OLB: McPhee, Judon, Bowser, Williams, Ferguson (5)

LB: Onwuasor, Young, Board, Olaka (4)

S: Thomas, Jefferson, Levine, Clark, Elliot (5)

CB: Humphrey, Carr, Smith, Averett, Jones, Bethel (6)

Wolfpack

Tucker, Kock, Cox

I just filled out the same exact roster on the Ravens website.

• Like 1