2019 East Finals | (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Who represents the East in the NBA Finals  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents the East in the NBA Finals

• (1) Milwaukee Bucks
    • (3) Philadelphia 76ers
    • (2) Toronto Raptors

1 minute ago, N4L said:

This is a losers mindset.

It was like Portland, when the warriors tied game 4 after the blazers were up 17 or whatever the whole crowd lost their energy and the team felt it. 

Whether you think you can, or you can't, you're right. 

Whatever you say. The Bucks had the crowd behind them all night and they **** the bed. So spare me the horse crap that the crowd dictates the game. Energy isn't real. Neither is momentum. The players play and they fail on their own. Fans have nothing to do with it.

To me, it's not like the Raptors are the Golden State Warriors.  They're not some juggernaut team that has an insurmountable lead.  I think they can be beaten in Toronto.  The Bucks have already shown in this series they can beat the Raptors and even in the losses they've hung with them. 

People are entitled to feel how they want, but I picked the Bucks to win this series and I still believe they'll get it done.  If they don't, hats off to a heck of a season and congrats to the Raptors.

6 minutes ago, showtime said:

To me, it's not like the Raptors are the Golden State Warriors.  They're not some juggernaut team that has an insurmountable lead.  I think they can be beaten in Toronto.  The Bucks have already shown in this series they can beat the Raptors and even in the losses they've hung with them. 

People are entitled to feel how they want, but I picked the Bucks to win this series and I still believe they'll get it done.  If they don't, hats off to a heck of a season and congrats to the Raptors.

It's not about the Raptors tbqh. It's about the mental fortitude, or lack thereof, with Wisconsin sports teams. First sign of adversity this entire season and they are folding like cheap lawn furniture. It's a never ending cycle with Wisconsin sports and it completely rips your heart out every time it happens. There's a reason why I'm a pessimist and it's not because I'm a naturally negative person lol.

Edited by beekay414

It's whatever. This season was phenomenal and super fun. Heartbreaking to be this close and fold. Guess that's what happens when you try to run before you can walk. When push came to shove, the Raptors punched us in the mouths and, instead of fighting back, the Bucks went into a shell and haven't come out. It is what it is.

Paraphrasing here - We're the best team in the league.  We're not going to fold.  If we go out to Toronto and they come out and set a great tone and we get punched in the mouth first, we're not going to fold. If we lose, we lose.  We're not going to fold, that's not what we do.

^That was in response to a reporter saying that the Celtics folded in the final game of the Bucks/Celtics series.

I think Giannis is going to bring it on Saturday.

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Doesn't matter if nobody else does. Giannis can only do so much. It'd help if his #2 wasn't such a worthless bum.

See, I don't get this. Just weird to continue attacking Middleton. No one thinks of him as a superstar. And it's not like Kawhi's had great support from his #2 every game. In fact, Giannis needs to be better. You could argue that Giannis had more help yesterday than Kawhi… The difference? Kawhi was just flat out better than Giannis, especially in the 4th quarter. Giannis the last three games has been okay for his standards, but hasn't played MVP caliber ball. Kawhi took matters into his own hands and took over to start the 4th quarter yesterday. Giannis simply isn't able to just clear out and do that at this point. How exactly were LeBron led teams so successful? He would do similar things to what Kawhi did. Giannis hit a big three yesterday and I was happy for him, but aside from that he was far too quiet in the 4th quarter. If your best player isn't going to be a big factor down the stretch in these tight games, then it's going to be a problem. Like I mentioned yesterday, there have been three close games this series and he didn't make any big plays in any of the games. That's not a coincidence either. Game slows down, Raptors are really good defensively and they are able to create a wall at the rim. 

But he has still has a shot to turn it around. Two MVP caliber games and they can get to the finals. These are evenly matched teams with Bucks having more scoring options. Raptors are mainly up this series because Kawhi has been the best player in the series. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, showtime said:

Paraphrasing here - We're the best team in the league.  We're not going to fold.  If we go out to Toronto and they come out and set a great tone and we get punched in the mouth first, we're not going to fold. If we lose, we lose.  We're not going to fold, that's not what we do.

^That was in response to a reporter saying that the Celtics folded in the final game of the Bucks/Celtics series.

I think Giannis is going to bring it on Saturday.

Ohh he'll bring it than be a non factor down the stretch when the game gets tough

This series is shaking out as I called it. The bench went ice cold in the Philly series and frst 2 games this series. They werent gonna stay like that

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Whatever you say. The Bucks had the crowd behind them all night and they **** the bed. So spare me the horse crap that the crowd dictates the game. Energy isn't real. Neither is momentum. The players play and they fail on their own. Fans have nothing to do with it.

Aaron Rodgers cursed the team by not being too much of a little ***** to chug a beer. God doesn't often intervene in sporting events, but Rodgers left him no choice.

Giannis in the last three games in 39 MPG:

20.3/13/6/1/3 on 45/33/46 shooting splits and averaging about 5 TOs per game. 

The shooting numbers are a bit skewed from his terrible game 3, but the most concerning stat is his FT percentage. I think that is making him a bit less aggressive and that needs to change. This is why the Bucks still have a solid shot though. Giannis needs to pick it up and he's fully capable of doing so and the Bucks can then win this series. It's not like he has to play some amazing ball where he has to average 40 PPG or anything. Just needs to play better and be more impactful than he was int he last three games. One thing that shot not happen is for him to go through the game in such large stretches and be kind of invisible offensively. Sure the Raptors are very good defensively and Kawhi is an all time defender, but Giannis could do better and should be expected to do better. I don't watch the games and think to myself man, the Raptors supporting cast is better the Bucks, because that isn't the case. Bucks have more solid players than the Raptors. To put it in simple terms, this is 3-2 Raptors because Kawhi has out played Giannis. No need to kill Middleton or anyone else. Both teams have players struggling offensively. 

I'm not going to say that the Raptors gave the league the key on how to play Giannis because like others have said, the Raps have phenomenal defenders. Giannis is still a superstar, we can just see that there are flaws. The last 3 games are not his fault though, he needs to do a better job of getting the ball out to open guys, but the Bucks have just been poop shooting, and while the Raps have been REALLY good at closing out on defenders, there are still a fair number of open shots getting bricked. I really though last night we were going to see someone on the Bucks other than Giannis knock down shots but it just didn't happen. 

This series is NOT over... if anyone know's the Raptors, they will at least flirt with screwing game 6 up.