2019 East Finals | (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (2) Toronto Raptors (TOR leads 3-2)

beekay414

Who represents the East in the NBA Finals  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Who represents the East in the NBA Finals

• (1) Milwaukee Bucks
    • (3) Philadelphia 76ers
    • (2) Toronto Raptors

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Right, FVV played big. Who is denying that? Kawhi ended the game where the Bucks despite FVV doing what he did in the 3rd quarter were still leading heading into the 4th quarter! That was a tight game throughout. No one is saying Kawhi didn't get any help, but he was the biggest reason the Raptors pulled it off with his big 4th quarter. 

We lead by 3 or 4 (can't remember) when it should've been double digits. That's was the result of FVV going full Steph. We were up by 12 when FVV hit 2 quick threes to cut it back down to 6. He capped us. There's no doubt about that.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Giannis has done a good job on Leonard, but he's also been good defending the rim. Giannis hardly ever guards the opposing teams best player, that is usually Middleton. And I don't think Middleton nor Brogdan have really done a bad job defending Leonard. He's a supreme offensive player and will get his regardless of the defense. He got off yesterday in the 4th quarter in part due to the Bucks switching everything and him pulling up over Lopez. 

According to the stat I saw, Leonard is 0-4 when Giannis is defending him.  Leonard has like 100 more possessions where he's defending Giannis and Giannis is also struggling.

Forget protecting the rim.  Dude needs to defend Leonard and that's the end of the story.

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And the Bucks guys showed out yesterday as well. Are you not going to mention the 38 points the back court gave and what Lopez gave. I mean if you want to compare, please do tell what Gasol was giving them offensively yesterday? Once again, super odd how you keep making it seem like Kawhi got so much more help than Giannis yesterday. That simply wasn't the case regardless of how much you say it.

Bledsoe: 29.1/13.1/73.3 for 10.6 PPG
Middleton: 42.0/31.4/66.0 for 13.6 PPG (skewed af by game 4)
Lopez: 47.9/34.2/66.0 for 15.0 PPG (I'll take it)
Brogdon: 43.6/34.2/40.0 for 14.1 PPG (this was a 50/40/90 guy during the season)
Mirotic: 30.1/16.9/65.0 for 9.8 PPG
Hill: 50.6/41.7/57.5 for 10.8 PPG 
Ilyasova: 39.7/13.0/20.0 for 6.6 PPG

Giannis literally has 2 guys that are showing up consistently. Two.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Bledsoe: 29.1/13.1/73.3 for 10.6 PPG
Middleton: 42.0/31.4/66.0 for 13.6 PPG (skewed af by game 4)
Lopez: 47.9/34.2/66.0 for 15.0 PPG (I'll take it)
Brogdon: 43.6/34.2/40.0 for 14.1 PPG (this was a 50/40/90 guy during the season)
Mirotic: 30.1/16.9/65.0 for 9.8 PPG
Hill: 50.6/41.7/57.5 for 10.8 PPG 
Ilyasova: 39.7/13.0/20.0 for 6.6 PPG

Giannis literally has 2 guys that are showing up consistently. Two.

Do the same for the Raptors now and you will see similar numbers. This series has been a grind and extremely competitive. In fact, the point differential is.......0!!! 

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

We lead by 3 or 4 (can't remember) when it should've been double digits. That's was the result of FVV going full Steph. We were up by 12 when FVV hit 2 quick threes to cut it back down to 6. He capped us. There's no doubt about that.

Again, FVV played yesterday no question. But if he doesn't step up, then the complaints you have for the Bucks supporting cast? Imagine what it would have been for the Raptors supporting cast. When you look at it in totality, the supporting casts were pretty much even yesterday. And it has been that way all series long. 

12 minutes ago, showtime said:

According to the stat I saw, Leonard is 0-4 when Giannis is defending him.  Leonard has like 100 more possessions where he's defending Giannis and Giannis is also struggling.

Forget protecting the rim.  Dude needs to defend Leonard and that's the end of the story.

Sure, I wouldn't mind that. He has been doing a good job and his length has made Leonard hesitant to even raise up as it often times leads to him passing out. But Middleton/Brogdan have also done a pretty good job on Kawhi. Just a good ole competitive conference finals between two really good ball clubs! 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Do the same for the Raptors now and you will see similar numbers. This series has been a grind and extremely competitive. In fact, the point differential is.......0!!! 

Looking at one side of the argument (your own team) will always lead down the path of blaming yourselves rather than appreciating the other. 

FVV: 42.2/58.8/0FTA for 8.8 PPG
Lowry: 49.1/43.6/65.0 for 19.6 PPG
Gasol: 30.1/30.7/50.0 for 9.0 (but dude was huge in games 3 and 4 at home, he's just been brutal in MKE)
Powell: 44.5/43.2/43.3 for 13.0 PPG
Siakam: 41.5/18.2/61.1 for 13.8 PPG (he's been brutal, no question)
Ibaka: 36.6/6.7/40.0 for 8.0 PPG (brutal as well)

So, conclusion with comparing the supporting staffs. The tell all is the 3pt shooting percentages. The Raptors have 3 guys hitting those shots consistently at high rates while the Bucks simply don't. Gasol, while brutal in Milwaukee, was superb in Toronto. The flat out difference in this series is the supporting players hitting their perimeter shots for the Raptors. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I did and I found the telling stat. 

And the main difference...their #2 has shown up. Ours hasn't. Lowry's going for 20 PPG on high shooting numbers while Middleton is ****ting the bed. Like I said. But tell me more about how I can't blame him.

Edited by beekay414

Sure, I wouldn't mind that. He has been doing a good job and his length has made Leonard hesitant to even raise up as it often times leads to him passing out. But Middleton/Brogdan have also done a pretty good job on Kawhi. Just a good ole competitive conference finals between two really good ball clubs! 

I hear what you're saying.  But to me, if people are going to call this guy an elite defender then he needs to defend the guy who's carrying his team.  The man is staking his claim as the best player in the league right before everyone's eyes.  Leonard scored 15 points in the 4th quarter.  Give me Giannis on Leonard full time.  "Oh we don't want to tire him out".... Forget that.  You don't stop Kawhi, your season is going to be over.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I did and I found the telling stat. 

I see similar type of numbers and you point to three point difference, but that ignores that the Bucks defense all season has given up threes to protect the rim. That is just your style and really the style of Coach Bud. I even mentioned when talking about the potential Warriors match up that his defensive game plan completely killed the Hawks against the Cavs a few years back where they packed the lane for LeBron drives and gave up open three after open three.

But the stats you posted also show similar level of struggles for the Raptors supporting cast. 

It's like you guys think I just make **** up. But y'all keep on with whatever narrative you wanna run. Giannis not doing enough, fine. The Raptors supporting cast has been just as poor as the Bucks? lol okay. Kawhi is a god? Sure. Have fun. Play your little hearts out.

I see similar type of numbers and you point to three point difference, but that ignores that the Bucks defense all season has given up threes to protect the rim. That is just your style and really the style of Coach Bud. I even mentioned when talking about the potential Warriors match up that his defensive game plan completely killed the Hawks against the Cavs a few years back where they packed the lane for LeBron drives and gave up open three after open three.

But the stats you posted also show similar level of struggles for the Raptors supporting cast. 

lol whatever you say. I literally showed you the difference and you still think you're right. I suppose we don't get open looks at all from 3. Man, how tough are these shots we're taking!

Lowry has shown up, Middleton hasn't. That's another narrative I've driven and I'm dead right. But you do you.

Gasol was also a monster in 2 crucial games in Toronto. But we'll forget about that because of how piss poor he's been in Milwaukee.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It's like you guys think I just make **** up. But y'all keep on with whatever narrative you wanna run. Giannis not doing enough, fine. The Raptors supporting cast has been just as poor as the Bucks? lol okay. Kawhi is a god? Sure. Have fun. Play your little hearts out.

1. Giannis not doing enough? Well, he sure can do better and I suspect he will in game 6.

2. Raptors supporting cast has been just as poor? I mean, you state it that way but yes, it has been similar to the Bucks supporting cast.

3. Kawhi is god? Nope, no one said that just that he has out played Giannis. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

1. Giannis not doing enough? Well, he sure can do better and I suspect he will in game 6.

2. Raptors supporting cast has been just as poor? I mean, you state it that way but yes, it has been similar to the Bucks supporting cast.

3. Kawhi is god? Nope, no one said that just that he has out played Giannis. 

1. Wrong

2. Wrong again

3. Fair