FF Vikings Dynasty League - Discussion

Klomp

I'm here, so sorry for the delay in checking in.

I'd vote for the offline draft and I have no problems with it being a little early in the year, half of my leagues last year drafted before training camps even started and it didn't hinder anyone too too much from what I recall, and I like option #1 that VB posted earlier

56 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Sorry for my long replies to the questions btw lol.

Trying to explain my reasoning for those who have never done dynasty leagues before to give a little insight on how it works and help them with their decisions.

It's all great info, and appreciated. I think a number of us are new to either dynasty leagues or Sleeper.

You mentioned the 8 hour draft window. If by chance someone missed their pick, does the system just skip over that slot or autodraft?

17 minutes ago, Klomp said:

It's all great info, and appreciated. I think a number of us are new to either dynasty leagues or Sleeper.

You mentioned the 8 hour draft window. If by chance someone missed their pick, does the system just skip over that slot or autodraft?

When you're doing offline via Sleeper, there's no time limit on the app itself so it'd be a league thing to keep track of the time limit. The app itself won't skip or auto-draft so that'd be up to the commish.

We've never had anyone miss the time limit but we can figure out if we want to skip that person until they get their pick in (ala our Vikings) or give them the highest ranked player regardless of position. It's as simple as the commish clicking on the draft slot and clicking "assign player to slot."

You can either assign that slot a place holder player (we usually scroll down to the bottom of the QB list and select a out of league QB) or assign them the next highest ranked player.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

I like the idea of an offline draft, but it'll take a little while, especially if we do it on this forum, so we'll want to start ASAP, plus then we can go through it slowly.

With our Sleeper host, the draft will be done on that rather than the message boards.

On Sleeper, you just log on from your phone/CPU, enter the draft room that will have all available players listed, you select a player, and that's it. You're not waiting on a commish to jump onto FF to see the pick, insert the pick, and tag the next person up and the cycle starts again.

The app also has alerts which lets you know when it's your time to pick so it'd pay off to have the app on your phone to make things go faster. EDIT: The app is free, btw.

I think we should be done in a week but like you said, at least we're not rushing to get it done before September so if it goes two weeks....it goes two weeks.

When we did our start-up draft via chatroom a few years ago, it took from June 3rd-July 8th to get the 25-man rosters done (double picks, no player list, commish having to insert everything onto Yahoo, etc. When the empire pot hit and we switched to Sleeper this past winter, we had our draft starting the Monday after the Super Bowl....we were done that Thursday night.

Edited by Vikes_Bolts1228

33 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

On Sleeper, you just log on from your phone/CPU, enter the draft room that will have all available players listed, you select a player, and that's it. You're not waiting on a commish to jump onto FF to see the pick, insert the pick, and tag the next person up and the cycle starts again.

The app also has alerts which lets you know when it's your time to pick so it'd pay off to have the app on your phone to make things go faster. EDIT: The app is free, btw.

So far the app has been one of my favorite parts of the switch. I think it will really be handy during the draft

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

Could you randomize the draft in the middle of next week (Wednesday or Thursday) so we have a couple days to prepare?

Absolutely. It definitely wouldn't be until Tuesday night at earliest, but I'll definitely get it done by Thursday

Starting on the first isn't AS good as I thought, I will be tied up with kid graduation events Sunday and Monday. Not saying I won't have anytime to check in, but I could slow things down at my picks.