FF Vikings Dynasty League - Discussion

Klomp

Sorry for the rash of Sleeper notifications, but I've set up the startup draft (vets only)

Starts on Saturday, June 1 at noon CST
8 hours per pick

Draft order:
1. TheScando
2. swede700
3. kalvenu
4. SemperFeist
5. gopher
6. Robbroy
7. Marshpit23
8. Klomp
9. KingVi
10. Relsb
11. ragaH
12. DCMVP

18 hours ago, Klomp said:

I'm thinking starting on a summer weekend wasn't the best idea....

I agree :D

Once we're into the week, I'm actually around to check on things, but weekends tend to have me being busy outdoors and I kind of checkout of FF.

Yeah, I guess starting on the weekend isn't necessarily a good idea, especially when my pick is on my son's birthday.  ;) 

Sorry, I'll make my pick here shortly.  Then, I'll be ready from here on out.  I, like @The Gnat, check out from FF usually on the weekends.  But, I'll get the app here so I can move a little quicker.  

Edited by swede700

3 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Once we're into the week, I'm actually around to check on things, but weekends tend to have me being busy outdoors and I kind of checkout of FF.

I should've remembered that from joining your dynasty league last year....

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the waivers thing....

Most leagues are set up where there's one day where waivers are processed, Wednesday. If someone wasn't claimed off waivers, they become a free agent, where it's first-come, first serve on a player between Wednesday and Sunday before a game. Players dropped Wednesday go on waivers, which process 2-3 days later 

Changing to continuous waivers wouldn't change the Wednesday start date for the initial waivers. But say starting RB got hurt in practice on Thursday and new starter is not rostered. Waivers already cleared in a normal league so the new starter is first come first serve, but continuous waivers would give everyone in the league a chance to put a bid on him even if you're not on your phone right when the injury news broke.