coordinator0

Ravens 2017 Roster Cutdown

Well, to be fair Ward isn't any worse than Jefferson when it comes to covering in space. Tony can man up on tight ends but he's a liability playing deep or in a zone with any sort of range expected. 

I wouldn't want that anyways though. At least right now there's some possibility of Webb playing deep, Weddle wherever not deep, and Jefferson up in the dime. Adding Ward would assure the Ravens having a bad defender in space at safety at all times.

He would be a nice pickup for the Ravens if someone ahead of them on waivers doesn't get to him first. Alex Collins, his former teammate at Nebraska, went unclaimed too. 

I am hoping for Alex Boone. Familiar with Greg Roman, fits the scheme, shouldn't come to pricey

Would be very surprised if either Langford or Williams make it to the Ravens, will probably be claimed much earlier. But it would deffo be an improvement over any RB on the roster as of now.

17 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

Alex Collins it is... meh

The Ravens signed him to the practice squad. That's actually a pretty nice addition. Collins might be the best runner on the roster active or practice squad right now.

I really hope we take a look at him.  Surely he'd be better than the 2 guys we traded for

Not really. Go ask Tennessee's forum. Schwenke has sucked since he hit the league. Surprisingly too, there were a ton of people who liked him as a prospect. 

At least he's made the active roster on teams.  Both Bergstrom and Bowanko have spent significant parts of recent seasons inactive - and in Bowanko's case not on a team with a good OL

I think setting the bar that low means there's no significant difference. Schwenke is bad. Bergstrom so bad. Bowanko is bad... or okay with injury problems and still a bad fit for the scheme. There is no better option here.