• Brandon Scherff, Redskins
    • Ereck Flowers, Redskins
    • Wes Martin, Redskins
    • Will Hernandez, Giants
    • Kevin Zeitler, Giants
    • Chad Slade, Giants
    • Connor Williams, Cowboys
    • Connor McGovern, Cowboys

Who is the Second best OG for the 2019 season in the NFC East?

Most points will be the starter - second most will be the Back-Up. (Hopefully there are no ties, but in the event I feel - or enough posters would like an amendment or a run-off we will decide how to proceed then.

Please refer to the master-thread here:

Cowboys: @DaBoys / @Nextyearfordaboyz / @The_Slamman / @Matts4313 / @canadaluvsdallas

Eagles: @Jroc04 / @Danger / @TheRealMcCoy / @Kiltman / @ninjapirate

Redskins: @MKnight82 / @Slappy Mc / @Woz / @Thaiphoon / @turtle28

Giants: @Acgott / @Shockey1979 / @GMENNATION / @Giants4eva / @Kodaraw

18 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s Brooks and it’s not even a little close 

Only thing that makes it a conversion is the injury, which has been counted kind of inconsistently throughout the process.

If you are going best case in a vacuum like the tackles vote ended up going, it’s him over some promising younger players clearly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

So I went with Hernandez. Brooks & Scherff are exception and have history on their side. But this is for 2019, and I expect Hernandez to take several steps forward.

51 minutes ago, D82 said:

I almost went with Scherff, but I'm in agreement with Outlaw. I think Hernandez takes a big step forward this year.

You are both being ridiculous 

16 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Nobody's injury is keeping them out of week 1 right? Tyron? Trent? Wentz!!!???

But Brooks...

Sorry dude

Achilles injuries are half a year injuries I dont get the whole might not be ready to start week 1 crap. I mean the eagles were so concerned about it they cut their top guard backup and didnt address it at all. 

Edited by ninjapirate
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Why? You don't think it is possible a second year player ascends? 

Beyond Brandon Scherffs 5th year?

Ask the rookies who the strongest/biggest players in the league are. They'll tell you it's the older guys.

A proven Scherff for one game opposite Martin any day over an ascending hopeful.

If we were on the school yard picking teams, Scherff or healthy Brooks all day over UTEP

Scherff is younger so gave him a slight nod over Brooks.... I’m also a homer for my Hawkeyes. Either way I believe both would have made strong case for All-Pro last season minus injuries. Scherff gets his last year.

Edited by WizardHawk

33 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

Beyond Brandon Scherffs 5th year?

Ask the rookies who the strongest/biggest players in the league are. They'll tell you it's the older guys.

A proven Scherff for one game opposite Martin any day over an ascending hopeful.

If we were on the school yard picking teams, Scherff or healthy Brooks all day over UTEP

I just think it's an absurd position to think it's impossible for a Rookie / Second Year Player to be unable to ascend. Especially when you could make an Argument Nelson (Colts) is the best OL in the game today.

I am not saying Scherff is a bad pick - in fact I think he is the safest and likeliest of picks. 

• Like 1