Mark Murphy must go!!

Slinky

Aside from the OP and AG20, many of these posts read as fanatics who don't want to accept that something could be legitimately wrong with their team''s management structure. There are board members who feel very uneasy with the overreaching Murphy has done and continues to do. I've spoken to some of them and have shared their warnings here in the past. And from what I can gather, Silverstein has spoken to the same people. Keep in mind, what you read is the tip of the iceberg. The really bad stuff comes out after heads roll.

59 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I dunno. It's a zero-sum game. I know Murphy has significantly more experience than either of us running athletic programs. Every dollar spent on a ST coach is one that won't expand the stadium, stadium district, build better practice and training facilities that attract future and present free agents and staff to the team.

Do you think Murphy has an arbitrary budget?

The man running the on field operations shouldn't be thinking about the stadium district. That should be two entirely different people. If the stadium district needs to go another year without a red lobster, so the team can have the best coaching staff possible, that should be an easy call.

• Like 1

Gute controls the draft and the roster and the personnel department

Ball does contracts and non player personnel football administration

Lafleur coaches offense and oversees the whole team

Pettine coaches defense 

Murphy defines roles, administrates the organization and settles disputes during high profile disagreements

1. Murphy stood up to McCarthys attempts to dominate the organization

2. He stood up to Wolf SRs seemingly weird media manipulation  to get his son on the GM throne. 

3. He stood up to Favre when Favre tried to strong arm the Packers through the media. 

4. He made the tough call to relieve Thompson of his duties even though Thompson won a SB, was one of the winnings GMs of the last decade and he was so dedicated and loyal

5. He made the bold decision to change the football operation structure to match the talent of his current administration team.  

The Packers are the second winningest team of last 12 years. I Cant say I’m anything but impressed with the job Murphy is doing, to be honest. 

Emotion aside, this assertion is a joke. I can’t take it seriously and look forward to the Packers quieting this crowd like they have with the sad losers at soldier field the last 25 years. 

Edited by boratt
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Aside from the OP and AG20, many of these posts read as fanatics who don't want to accept that something could be legitimately wrong with their team''s management structure. There are board members who feel very uneasy with the overreaching Murphy has done and continues to do. I've spoken to some of them and have shared their warnings here in the past. And from what I can gather, Silverstein has spoken to the same people. Keep in mind, what you read is the tip of the iceberg. The really bad stuff comes out after heads roll.

"Anyone that doesnt agree with me is fanatical".. the thread title is a fanatical demand...

I have no opinion on this topic. I don't think Rizzi makes or breaks our season. Until I see the product on field is negatively impacted I dont really care. Just because people feel uneasy about something doesnt mean it will or wont work out.

I just thought your post was funny.

10 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Aside from the OP and AG20, many of these posts read as fanatics who don't want to accept that something could be legitimately wrong with their team''s management structure.

You've been pushing this angle since the beginning. Come up with concrete examples. Detail where this supposed management structure has resulted in bad decisions seen on the field or coaching staff.

10 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

There are board members who feel very uneasy with the overreaching Murphy has done and continues to do. I've spoken to some of them.....

Good that you've spoken with folks, then provide concrete examples and not pass off allusions, whispers and "office politics" as some grand problem.

Details.

Facts.

The conspiracy theory mindset run amuck. Fertilized by impressionable minds and "murky" facts: something is so simply because I say it could be so.

Enough time has passed that you (and/or anyone who's treating this realistically) can cite REAL WORLD examples & details  -  and don't bother me with Rizzi.

Minus those details - you're the fanatic.

Edited by Leader

I am amazed by the knee jerk reaction to the Packers organizational structure.

I mean, if Ron Wolf's system was the best way/only way, why did the dysfunction develop?  Why is the most successful NFL program of the post salary cap/free agency run with a different system where there is a coach with near total control of everything?

Could it be that the system needs to play to the strengths of the people you have, and not make the people fit a model just because it worked for someone else?  Could it be that organizational structure need to be adjusted as time moves on to deal with changing conditions?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Could it be that the system needs to play to the strengths of the people you have, and not make the people fit a model just because it worked for someone else?  Could it be that organizational structure need to be adjusted as time moves on to deal with changing conditions?

It's worth repeating what I said earlier. there are plenty of different business structures that can work. The difference is the quality of the personnel. If a person (in the upper levels of the franchise, both football and management) can do a quality job AND have the necessary social skills to relate to the others, they can function well in many diverse settings - they are the flexible piece that allows things to work. If you have that at the key spots, HC, GM, CEO, and in the Packers case, contract manager/SBO (Senior Business Officer), then you should be in good shape, almost irrespective of the structure. People > Structures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am amazed by the knee jerk reaction to the Packers organizational structure.

I mean, if Ron Wolf's system was the best way/only way, why did the dysfunction develop?  Why is the most successful NFL program of the post salary cap/free agency run with a different system where there is a coach with near total control of everything?

Exactly.

It's worth pointing out that something like half the teams now operate similarly.

The NFL is getting more complex, it makes sense to let people focus on their strengths.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, boratt said:

Gute controls the draft and the roster and the personnel department

Ball does contracts and non player personnel football administration

Lafleur coaches offense and oversees the whole team

Pettine coaches defense 

Murphy defines roles, administrates the organization and settles disputes during high profile disagreements

1. Murphy stood up to McCarthys attempts to dominate the organization

2. He stood up to Wolf SRs seemingly weird media manipulation  to get his son on the GM throne. 

3. He stood up to Favre when Favre tried to strong arm the Packers through the media. 

4. He made the tough call to relieve Thompson of his duties even though Thompson won a SB, was one of the winnings GMs of the last decade and he was so dedicated and loyal

5. He made the bold decision to change the football operation structure to match the talent of his current administration team.  

The Packers are the second winningest team of last 12 years. I Cant say I’m anything but impressed with the job Murphy is doing, to be honest. 

Emotion aside, this assertion is a joke. I can’t take it seriously and look forward to the Packers quieting this crowd like they have with the sad losers at soldier field the last 25 years. 

Great post!

Haters are gonna hate and attach themselves to anything they can hate... That's what's going on here.

35 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

It's worth repeating what I said earlier. there are plenty of different business structures that can work. The difference is the quality of the personnel. If a person (in the upper levels of the franchise, both football and management) can do a quality job AND have the necessary social skills to relate to the others, they can function well in many diverse settings - they are the flexible piece that allows things to work. If you have that at the key spots, HC, GM, CEO, and in the Packers case, contract manager/SBO (Senior Business Officer), then you should be in good shape, almost irrespective of the structure. People > Structures.

Exactly right.

1265 isnt dramatically different than organization and business structures that many of us have worked in for years. The same interpersonal and professional relationships, dependencies and collaboration is required to make it work.

The "structure" cant kill an operating business. Its the people that will (or wont) do so.

So - to those decrying the structure at 1265 - I again call on you to supply concrete examples where that structure is failing  -  and it damn well better be more dramatic than the wastepaper baskets aren't being emptied efficiently.

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Exactly right.

1265 isnt dramatically different than organization and business structures that many of us have worked in for years. The same interpersonal and professional relationships, dependencies and collaboration is required to make it work.

The "structure" cant kill an operating business. Its the people that will (or wont) do so.

So - to those decrying the structure at 1265 - I again call on you to supply concrete examples where that structure is failing  -  and it damn well better be more dramatic than the wastepaper baskets aren't being emptied efficiently.

Where the hell is this burden of proof coming from?

We can't speculate or be unhappy unless the adminstration comes out and says something? 

Can I expect everyone to backtrack on all their comments about Damarious Randall because we don't have any concrete examples of the veteran council voting him off the island? Same evidence provided here.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Where the hell is this burden of proof coming from?  We can't speculate or be unhappy unless the adminstration comes out and says something?

You just provided it. Thank you. There is none. All these serious sounding thoughts and comments are based on nothing but inuendo, rumor and "possibilities" - backed up by no concrete evidence the organizational structure is responsible - or at fault - for a single thing.

32 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Can I expect everyone to backtrack on all their comments about Damarious Randall because we don't have any concrete examples of the veteran council voting him off the island? Same evidence provided here.

No - they're not the same. We all watched and saw DR's performance. They're not comparable at all. Outside of Anon's "I'm talking to people........" - nobody commenting here has a clue whats going inside 1265 - or chooses to provide concrete evidence of a failing system.

Supposition and conjecture. Any and everyone can spew that all day long - not a problem - so long as you throw in: "I really dont know any cold hard facts here, but this is what I think....so take it with a grain of salt."  Minus any details, there's the context you choose to operate in. 

• Like 2