Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

38 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Let’s be clear he wasn’t the 1st option which was Delanie in a run 1st offense with a OC that doesn’t have a clue on how to scheme up a passing attack where receivers run the same routes, digs, post corners & pick plays. You talking bout the same lame duck coach that always ran a bubble screen with the slowest WR on the team 🗣 stop it again mike malarkey & Robiskie are trash Corey Davis played the same position, ran the same routes his rookie yr they never moved him around never schemed him open, Tajae still was good & productive at times 

In that same offense, Rishard Matthews (who can’t even get a job), caught 60% of his targets and  averaged 8.75 yards per target. Kendall Wright, who also can’t get a job, caught 69% of his targets and averaged 10 yards per target. None of the other receivers, who were bad, came close to approaching Tajae’s level of inefficiency. And if he was the worst among a group of bad receivers, what could possibly lead you to believe he’s a legitimate 2/3 option with an average group?

This whole argument seems to be built around the fact that he was a rookie. But the reason he fell to the fifth is because of just how low his ceiling is. He’s just not good. And he doesn’t have the athletic ability to ever grow his game to the point where he is good.

i can’t believe we’ve hit a point where we are using Mariota’s shortcomings to defend bad receivers instead of looking at the terrible receivers and wondering if maybe the reason Marcus only has two reads and a check down is because, for five years, he’s never had more than two viable receiving options on the field at the same time.

Is the argument, after everyone bashed Mariota for taking sacks last year, really that his problem is that he’s not progressing through his reads well enough to wait for Tajae to lumber down the field with his below average speed, acceleration and lateral quickness, in order to throw into tight coverage to a receiver with a small catch radius that can’t win 50/50 balls?

1 hour ago, -Hope- said:

good lord. just because we've had hot garbage at WR for the better part of the past two decades doesn't mean we have to lower our standards to the point where we're caping for tajae sharpe. the dude would not be a top 3 wide receiver on most teams in the league.

Top 3 WR oh my god here we go wit dramatic over the top statements 🤦🏽‍♂️😩. How many teams 3 WR in the league can put up 500-700 yards receiving in a run 1st offense, better yet how many pass 1st offense 3 WR puts up 500-700 yards it’s not that many. I guarantee Tajae can put up 600-800 yards on the saints if healthy & they have nothing after Michael Thomas. You guys always trying to make it seem like dude is crap, without stating facts Marcus isn’t lighting it up throwing the football, Tajae most productive healthy season was playing for a joke of a OC who couldn’t even get Corey Davis the ball. Anytime you have Eric Decker catching bubble screens should scream something to you. At the end of the day he put up over 500 yards when guys like Corey Coleman, Laquan Tredwell & I can name a few others ain’t put up any #’s close to that. He doesn’t see a lot of targets & the team ran basic routes all day.. I’m done ✌🏽 

39 minutes ago, Daniel said:

A receiver putting up 500 yards in their rookie season is above average.  It's laughably ridiculous to argue that that is in any way "abysmal."

It’s 30 yards per game. On 750 snaps and 84 targets. He wasn’t some reserve who produced in limited opportunities. He was the most played receiver on the team that made virtually no impact and had one of the worst catch rates in the entire league. The only reason the bulk stats are even kind of alright for a rookie receiver is because his workload was higher than just about any rookie.

Again, DGB outproduced him on 75% of the targets and 200 fewer snaps and his season was viewed so positively that he wasn’t even on the team the following year.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I just can’t believe the focus on yardage. If a rookie running back rushes for 900 yards on 300 carries, is it considered a good year?

It’s not so just yardage my guy you been missing my point the whole time cause you quick to say he’s a bust & he sucks, okay DGB great ex, when DGB came out he was viewed as top 20 talent with off the field baggage, to his credit he shined. Okay I’ve been saying this the problem is why y’all keep saying Tajae sucks is because y'all perception of him. Listen I’ve been said he’s a #3 WR  that you hope develops into a #2. #3wr in a run heavy offense where he’s the 3rd or 4th option. He can thrive in his role with a healthy Delanie, Emerging Corey Davis & all pro looking slot in Humphries if our QB takes leaps in becoming a pocket passer & our OC can get it right schematically. Tajae doesn’t sucks because he can produce when put in the right situation. Never said he’ll light it up & dominate, he’s talent that you need. Look at the saints they had nothing last yr outside of Michael Thomas at WR. 

Out of curiosity, what part of his game makes you think he is anything other than a bad receiver? Is it the route running, where he has routinely demonstrated zero quickness in and out of his breaks and a complete inability to gain separation against man? Is it his hands, where he is amongst the worst in the entire league in catch percentage since coming into the NFL? I’d ask if it’s his athleticism, but lol. Is it his reliability, where he ranked near the bottom of the league in drop rate the only season he had meaningful snaps?

He just brings nothing to the table. I genuinely don’t think he has a single trait that is above league average and he combines that with below average to poor athleticism for an NFL wide receiver.

If the bar for being a decent receiver is that you can produce at a below average level with other options taking the pressure off of you and in an offense that has to build plays around trying to scheme an unathletic receiver open (which is a total waste since he’s probably the worst receiver after the catch on the team), then sure, he can be a decent receiver.

He is still living on the hype of his first training camp here. I’d say he’s another Jonathan Orr, but that’s an insult to Orr, who wasn’t given 1,000 live reps in regular season games to demonstrate he didn’t belong.

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He’s a better rapper than a football player.

I don’t know how you keep reading “He’s the best receiver on the team” in these posts, because no one is saying that. It might be your browser settings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I don’t know how you keep reading “He’s the best receiver on the team” in these posts, because no one is saying that. It might be your browser settings.

I’m not. In case it isn’t clear, I think he’s a bad receiver. Not a No. 2 or 3. Not a serviceable receiver. Not someone with the potential to serve a valuable role. A mediocre No. 5 that barely belongs in the league.

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m not. In case it isn’t clear, I think he’s a bad receiver. Not a No. 2 or 3. Not a serviceable receiver. Not someone with the potential to serve a valuable role. A mediocre No. 5 that barely belongs in the league.

Well then you just have a bad argument then.

• Like 1