Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

36 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27396496/nfl-preseason-power-rankings-hot-seat-entering-2019

ESPN's annual laughing stock power rankings - with yours truly ranked 20th behind Jacksonville at 19. xD

Not just ESPN. I picked up this year's madden, they have 3 tiers of players:

X Factor

Superstar

Star

Jurrell Casey was listed as our only superstar. No one else on the team made the list for X factor or superstar. Kevin Byard who?

We won't get respect until we make a deep playoff run, and have a quaterback who plays like the #2 overall pick and not some journeyman.

28 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Not just ESPN. I picked up this year's madden, they have 3 tiers of players:

X Factor

Superstar

Star

Jurrell Casey was listed as our only superstar. No one else on the team made the list for X factor or superstar. Kevin Byard who?

We won't get respect until we make a deep playoff run, and have a quaterback who plays like the #2 overall pick and not some journeyman.

We could win 4 super bowls, it won't matter.  If we don't have a loud or outspoken QB that throws 50 TDs, then we are going to be just that team in Tennessee. 

1 hour ago, dtait93 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27396496/nfl-preseason-power-rankings-hot-seat-entering-2019

ESPN's annual laughing stock power rankings - with yours truly ranked 20th behind Jacksonville at 19. xD

TBH, I feel like 20 is fair.  It's lower than we should be, but save Jacksonville and Dallas, I can actually see a good argument being made for every other team being ranked ahead of Tennessee.  Until Tennessee is a good team that can also consistently beat teams worse than it, it's too variable to earn a high ranking.  That said, the reasoning is usually bad and consists of "Mariota is bad, but I have no actual evidence other than stats when he's injured to justify this."

I also see six or seven teams ahead of us that seem much more likely to implode than Tennessee, since Tannehill will be a very capable backup.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

We could win 4 super bowls, it won't matter.  If we don't have a loud or outspoken QB that throws 50 TDs, then we are going to be just that team in Tennessee. 

We're a small market team.  It comes with the territory.  Remember 2002, when the Titans went to the AFC championship against the Raiders, after winning 10 of their last 11 games, and had zero Pro Bowl selections?

The offensive group included McNair, George, Derrick Mason, Frank Wycheck, and Brad Hopkins.  On defense, Kevin Carter had a 10 sack season and Keith Bulluck had his breakout season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Exactly, and I've never personally felt this was a big deal. I'm perfectly fine winning under the radar. Our team seems to thrive best in that situation anyways. I know the talent we have on this team. I don't need to see us at the top of headlines on ESPN or NFL Network to justify that Casey or Byard is an all pro. We know these things to be true here locally, and I'd much rather have a team full of guys that keep their heads down and work than the alternative of guys threatening to retire because of their helmet lol.

So since we're on the topic of national media covering us, ESPN released a article of coaches on the hottest seats if they have a disappointing season (4-12 was the record used to define disappointing).

Mike Vrabel was 4th on the list in regards to having the hottest seat, behind only McDermott, Marrone & Flores. They said Vrabel would have a 66% chance of being fired if we were to only win 4 games.

With AAS history of not being a meddling owner and Vrabel being JRob's handpicked guy, I find that ranking and percentage absolutely dumbfounding and honestly, appalling. 

Update-And now this article to go with it...smh

Edited by TitanSlim