Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

TBH, I feel like 20 is fair.  It's lower than we should be, but save Jacksonville and Dallas, I can actually see a good argument being made for every other team being ranked ahead of Tennessee.  Until Tennessee is a good team that can also consistently beat teams worse than it, it's too variable to earn a high ranking.  That said, the reasoning is usually bad and consists of "Mariota is bad, but I have no actual evidence other than stats when he's injured to justify this."

I also see six or seven teams ahead of us that seem much more likely to implode than Tennessee, since Tannehill will be a very capable backup.

I would put us in front of Cleveland, Green Bay, Carolina as well.

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

So since we're on the topic of national media covering us, ESPN released a article of coaches on the hottest seats if they have a disappointing season (4-12 was the record used to define disappointing).

Mike Vrabel was 4th on the list in regards to having the hottest seat, behind only McDermott, Marrone & Flores. They said Vrabel would have a 66% chance of being fired if we were to only win 4 games.

With AAS history of not being a meddling owner and Vrabel being JRob's handpicked guy, I find that ranking and percentage absolutely dumbfounding and honestly, appalling. 

Update-And now this article to go with it...smh

OK, so I was just defending low standards in journalism covering the Titans, but yeah.  This is just plain stupid.

A guy in his second season with a 9-7 record is in an ice cold seat save an absolute disaster like a winless season.

I was reading Glennon's article on The Athletic (which is worth the investment, imo) yesterday and he was talking about positions where we'd probably look to find a FA to come in for a final 53 spot after teams are trimming down their rosters over the next few days.

I think it'd be worth bringing in an experienced LT at the expense of one of our fringe guys, even if it's just a journeyman backup. Kelly is struggling and would be good to have some insurance just in case he goes down...but I know Pamphile could prob play in a pinch

OLB, as well. Gotta move on from Correa, but I could see us sticking with guys we got. ILB I think we stick with Brown, Evans, Wood, Bates and Long. Just wish Bates offered a tad bit more as a back-up when he's getting snaps on D.

28 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

And wasting picks. Sure it’s a 7th but still.

I really don't care if they part with a seventh for a fringe guy.  That's what sevenths get you.

Assuming the guy produces like he did for GB last season, that's a fine trade IMO.  I'll take 2.5 sacks and a couple of pass deflections for a seventh all day.