Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

26 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I feel that way about Corey now, but yeah, for a little bit there, Britt was unstoppable. The off the field stuff had a lot do with it in my eyes as well.

Man Britt was a beast you can tell he never was passionate about the game or a pure student, football was just a job to him & he knew he had god given talent 

• 3 weeks later...

Seems the general consensus around the media and fans(at least myself) is that the Titans roster is damn good and it all comes down to QB play. The roster isn’t perfect by any means but I do think QB aside, it’s a top 8 5 roster in the league. There’s so many foundational pieces and good players to build around. Obviously young guys like Landry, Evans, and Davis will be counted on to step up but those are 3 guys who should be around for a long time. Landry should be at least a guy who can provide consistent pressure from the edge and provide 8-12 sacks a season. Evans missed a lot of TC and preseason last year so that definitely threw his progression off but down the stretch, he started to live up to that 1st round selection. Another guy who in his 2nd year can take the next step and become just as good as Jayon if not better. Pees is going to have a hell of a lot of fun with blitzes and stunts with these group of LBs especially with Evans ability to rush from the edge at times. Davis to me still has that #1 ability. I still think he’s a true #1 with better QB play. The additions of Humphries and Brown while also getting Delanie back should definitely make his job easier pulling coverage away from him. This is roster is damn good. Hell, we make fun of the 9-7 three years in the row but this team somehow making 9-7 last year with loads of injuries was actually very impressive. I know off-season grades don’t mean a thing but honestly this might’ve been one of our best. I thought the draft was phenomenal despite taking a guy who might not play this season. FA was damn good with adding Saffold and Humphries. Wasn’t a big fan of the Wake signing but eh. Definitely wanted to add Suh or McCoy and still think we should’ve threw money their way for 1 season. Gives the defense a huge boost for this season and then we lose them but gain our 1st rounder the following year. I do like the Urban signing. If he stays healthy, he’ll be a solid player for us. Plus he does add something that Jones doesn’t and that’s length. Something I’ve felt a 5T should always have. Even if it helps to where we won’t see much of Johnson anymore. This team lacks the most important position on the field. A franchise QB and this is a SB contender easily. If Marcus has a good season and stays healthy, this team should be in the playoffs. I honestly still wouldn’t resign Marcus to a bit contract though. Definitely would franchise him and make him do it again. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Seems the general consensus around the media and fans(at least myself) is that the Titans roster is damn good and it all comes down to QB play. The roster isn’t perfect by any means but I do think QB aside, it’s a top 8 5 roster in the league. There’s so many foundational pieces and good players to build around. Obviously young guys like Landry, Evans, and Davis will be counted on to step up but those are 3 guys who should be around for a long time. Landry should be at least a guy who can provide consistent pressure from the edge and provide 8-12 sacks a season. Evans missed a lot of TC and preseason last year so that definitely threw his progression off but down the stretch, he started to live up to that 1st round selection. Another guy who in his 2nd year can take the next step and become just as good as Jayon if not better. Pees is going to have a hell of a lot of fun with blitzes and stunts with these group of LBs especially with Evans ability to rush from the edge at times. Davis to me still has that #1 ability. I still think he’s a true #1 with better QB play. The additions of Humphries and Brown while also getting Delanie back should definitely make his job easier pulling coverage away from him. This is roster is damn good. Hell, we make fun of the 9-7 three years in the row but this team somehow making 9-7 last year with loads of injuries was actually very impressive. I know off-season grades don’t mean a thing but honestly this might’ve been one of our best. I thought the draft was phenomenal despite taking a guy who might not play this season. FA was damn good with adding Saffold and Humphries. Wasn’t a big fan of the Wake signing but eh. Definitely wanted to add Suh or McCoy and still think we should’ve threw money their way for 1 season. Gives the defense a huge boost for this season and then we lose them but gain our 1st rounder the following year. I do like the Urban signing. If he stays healthy, he’ll be a solid player for us. Plus he does add something that Jones doesn’t and that’s length. Something I’ve felt a 5T should always have. Even if it helps to where we won’t see much of Johnson anymore. This team lacks the most important position on the field. A franchise QB and this is a SB contender easily. If Marcus has a good season and stays healthy, this team should be in the playoffs. I honestly still wouldn’t resign Marcus to a bit contract though. Definitely would franchise him and make him do it again. 

this is the most astute talking-head take on the titans that i’ve seen in ages. i’m shocked at how much they got right, lol

3 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Welp. At least maybe we won't drink all offseason before rude awakening during the regular season.

Patrick Mahomes is basically what we all thought Marcus Mariota would be. Instead, he cant throw accurately going into his 5th season.

Bring on the Tanne-man

Imagine taking practice seriously to try and evaluate someone. Mariota in his rookie year went his entire camp without throwing a pick then threw one on like his first pass in preseason. McNair hardly ever practiced and when he did he usually sucked, but that didn't mean he sucked on game day. Malcolm Butler was the best CB in the world in camp last year then was like the worst CB in football the first 8 weeks of the season.

And to top it all off, apparently Tannehill sucked in practice to. And on top of that? They each had like 6 reps per Vrabel.

Keep your evaluation of Mariota based on his play on the field. Don't get caught up in practice.

Practice performance never has and never will matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanLegend said:

Imagine taking practice seriously to try and evaluate someone. Mariota in his rookie year went his entire camp without throwing a pick then threw one on like his first pass in preseason. McNair hardly ever practiced and when he did he usually sucked, but that didn't mean he sucked on game day. Malcolm Butler was the best CB in the world in camp last year then was like the worst CB in football the first 8 weeks of the season.

And to top it all off, apparently Tannehill sucked in practice to. And on top of that? They each had like 6 reps per Vrabel.

Keep your evaluation of Mariota based on his play on the field. Don't get caught up in practice.

Practice performance never has and never will matter.

yeah lol i'm not even much of a mariota believer at this point but the hyper-analysis has gotten ridiculous. just wait till the games ffs