Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

2 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Ya I guess the question becomes if there is an injury to a Guard who goes in first Davis or Leavin but hopefully Davis is that guy that is first in line 

OK.  I was curious because I read Walterfootball's writeup on the Titans' season preview and he mentioned Levin being the favorite to start at RG.  I chalked it up to Walt not knowing the Titans very well, since I haven't seen that anywhere, at all.  Once you said the same name, I was curious if this was something that was actually circulating.

49 minutes ago, Daniel said:

OK.  I was curious because I read Walterfootball's writeup on the Titans' season preview and he mentioned Levin being the favorite to start at RG.  I chalked it up to Walt not knowing the Titans very well, since I haven't seen that anywhere, at all.  Once you said the same name, I was curious if this was something that was actually circulating.

I forgot we resigned Pamphile. I believe that signing happened sometime before the draft so for a while the Titans never added a 2nd Guard in the beginning of Free Agency so there was talk of it having to be Leavin at that time so that’s why his name stuck in my head  

Anyone ever just think about the previous season and say “how the hell did we expect to make the playoffs with this team?”

I was going to play Madden yesterday but then I was trying to figure out who the WRs were from last year. 

Taylor was really our number 2?

All I have to say is how the hell did they expect Mariota to succeed with 1 TD a year Taywan Taylor and Sharpe Batson and Jennings?

Thank god Humphries was signed and Brown was drafted to give some legit weapons to go along with Davis.

Mariota needs to make it count this year with these weapons no excuses now

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Anyone ever just think about the previous season and say “how the hell did we expect to make the playoffs with this team?”

I was going to play Madden yesterday but then I was trying to figure out who the WRs were from last year. 

Taylor was really our number 2?

All I have to say is how the hell did they expect Mariota to succeed with 1 TD a year Taywan Taylor and Sharpe Batson and Jennings?

Thank god Humphries was signed and Brown was drafted to give some legit weapons to go along with Davis.

Mariota needs to make it count this year with these weapons no excuses now

At this time last year we had Rishard Matthews, a healthy Delanie Walker, a 2nd year Corey Davis we were all so sure was gonna break out, and arguably the hottest young offensive name in football taking over as OC. 

Not trying to throw a damper on your optimism, but we’ve heard this before. You’re right about Mariota though, no more excuses (I mean at least not until he plays like absolute garbage, and then I’m sure we’ll find some) 

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001036317/article/bestworstcase-projections-for-nfls-notable-offensive-rookies

Best-case scenario: The Titans move Brown around in their scheme, and he is a perfect complement to third-year pro Corey Davis. Brown catches a boatload of slants in the RPO game and proves to be very difficult to bring down after the catch. His physicality helps the run game, as well. 

Worst-case scenario: There just aren't many balls to go around in this offensive system. Davis emerges as a true No. 1 weapon, and veteran tight end Delanie Walker returns to his Pro Bowl form after losing most of 2018 to an ankle injury. Brown proves to be reliable, but his opportunities are limited.

Projected stats: 65 catches, 800 yards, five TDs.

Lofty expectations for Brown by DJ

this is probably a silly fan favorite sentiment but i really want cam batson to make the roster in the hopes that he can replace taywan as our deep threat. he looks so much more natural tracking and catching the ball than taywan ever has.