Minicamp/OTA/TC Thread

13 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The gap between Tajae Sharpe the training camp player and Tajae Sharpe the regular season player is hilarious.

No it’s not, I’ve been saying this & I was ridiculed all last season, & that’s Tajae is a sure #3 wideout with #2 potential. The only thing that holds Tajae back is injury. I get a lot of people aren’t high on him because he’s not athletically explosive or fast, but the guy simply gets open has strong hands & runs precise routes. His rookie year as a 5th round pick he was far better than expected he played as our #2 receiver & at times #1. 500 yards in a Stone Age offense was okay, next season breaks his foot. Everyone was so high on Taywan but like I said we’ve seen guys like Taywan, Justin Hunter, Paul Williams, Daimian Williams, Courtney Roby guys who have all the measurable but can’t get open, can’t catch 🤷🏽‍♂️

58 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

No it’s not, I’ve been saying this & I was ridiculed all last season, & that’s Tajae is a sure #3 wideout with #2 potential. The only thing that holds Tajae back is injury. I get a lot of people aren’t high on him because he’s not athletically explosive or fast, but the guy simply gets open has strong hands & runs precise routes. His rookie year as a 5th round pick he was far better than expected he played as our #2 receiver & at times #1. 500 yards in a Stone Age offense was okay, next season breaks his foot. Everyone was so high on Taywan but like I said we’ve seen guys like Taywan, Justin Hunter, Paul Williams, Daimian Williams, Courtney Roby guys who have all the measurable but can’t get open, can’t catch 🤷🏽‍♂️

The bolded is simply just not even close to true.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

He was terrible his rookie year. Like absolutely abysmal. His career catch percentage is 50%. His yards per target is more than a full yard under Mariota’s career average.

Taywan’s catch percentage is 64% and his yards per target is two full yards more than Tajae. And Taywan is bad at football.

Tajae, inexplicably, has carried this reputation as a good route runner with strong hands into the pros when he has never showcased any ability to gain separation and has routinely demonstrated a small catch radius. He is, at his best, a No. 4 with almost no potential.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

He was terrible his rookie year. Like absolutely abysmal. His career catch percentage is 50%. His yards per target is more than a full yard under Mariota’s career average.

Taywan’s catch percentage is 64% and his yards per target is two full yards more than Tajae. And Taywan is bad at football.

Tajae, inexplicably, has carried this reputation as a good route runner with strong hands into the pros when he has never showcased any ability to gain separation and has routinely demonstrated a small catch radius. He is, at his best, a No. 4 with almost no potential.

Once again you guys over look him, what you expect from a rookie WR going against opponents #1 & #2 CB in a offense that doesn’t help WR at all. Put him against #2 or #3 CB in a offense that moves him around & can scheme him open I like his chances. Again he didn’t play his sophomore year & last yr played on a numb ankle 

10 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

Once again you guys over look him, what you expect from a rookie WR going against opponents #1 & #2 CB in a offense that doesn’t help WR at all. Put him against #2 or #3 CB in a offense that moves him around & can scheme him open I like his chances. Again he didn’t play his sophomore year & last yr played on a numb ankle 

a guy who "simply gets open has strong hands & runs precise routes" should not need to be constantly matched up against #3 CBs and schemed open. that just means he's not a very good receiver. which is true.

7 hours ago, -Hope- said:

a guy who "simply gets open has strong hands & runs precise routes" should not need to be constantly matched up against #3 CBs and schemed open. that just means he's not a very good receiver. which is true.

500 yards his rookie yr in a offense that was stone aged, basic route concepts I don’t recall Corey Davis or Taywan having a better rookie year than Tajae  didn’t play his sophomore yr played on a bad ankle all last yr, again he can play in this league & be productive he’s a #3 WR could possibly become a solid #2, depends on system & QB play. It’s alot of WR that don’t consistently separate but a good QB can throw them open or a Offensive coordinator can scheme them open. 😴

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

Tajae is an okay NFL wide receiver. He's a decent back-up and nothing more. If our top 3 WRs in production aren't Davis/Humphries/Brown, then something went awry. 

I agree that those need to be the top 3 but if Browns behind and isn’t ready to go in Cleveland Sharpe needs to be the next man up at the moment.

Not saying Taylor shouldn’t be active or shouldn’t play but Sharpe has been more on the same page with Mariota than Taylor has.

Like I keep saying more might be less with Taylor

• Like 1

I'd much rather have a guy fill that last spot at WR that may be a bit slower than Taywan, but he can get open in a variety of ways and actually catch the ball when he gets the opportunity. Taywan's speed allows him the ability to get open just by running by guys on fly routes, but if he continues to drop those deep balls more often than not, and he's not offering us any value as a kick returner, then we really don't have a lot of justifiable reasons for keeping him if one of the younger receivers is coming on strong behind him.

• Like 1